137 Pillars Bangkok is one of Bangkok’s most luxurious and unique hotels. Superbly located right in the city’s business district, 137 Pillars combines elegant, luxurious urban flair and design with a great food and beverage offering, stunning rooftop infinity pools and a superb spa. The modern, beautiful suites are some of the most spacious and luxurious accommodations you will find in Bangkok.
Location & Hotel
Bangkok, the famous capital of Thailand, is one of the most vibrant cities in the world. Foodies return to the city over and over again to sample some of the best street food in the world or to indulge in excellent Michelin-starred cuisine. The hotel offer is outstanding, combining luxury with excellent value for money. But the city also offers cultural and historical highlights and is one of the most accessible destinations in Asia. Hospitality lovers could spend months exploring the incredible range of great hotels and restaurants in the city centre, and that’s why we keep coming back, too.
Located in the heart of the metropolis, in the shopping, fashion and business district of Sukhumvit, 137 Pillars Suites & Residences Bangkok offers a location that is ideal for both leisure and business travellers. The hotel is housed in a modern, high-rise building on Sukhumvit Soi 39 and combines a modern, luxurious design with timeless quality.
The hotel was built under the direction of the owners of 137 Pillars House Chiang Mai and is inspired by the original designers of their Chiang Mai home. However, while the 137 Pillars House Chiang Mai focuses on authenticity, charm and atmosphere, the 137 Pillars Bangkok combines a modern, warm Thai design with a cosmopolitan, urban flair.
The building is divided into two areas, with the 179 residences located on the lower and middle floors of the building and the 34 suites on the upper floors. The communal areas are truly luxurious and combine elegance with high-quality materials. The colour palette includes rich and warm tones such as deep reds, golds and browns, creating a luxurious and welcoming atmosphere. Combined with the high-quality materials such as marble, polished wood and plush carpets, the ambience is elegant, refined, warm and luxurious.
Rooms & Suites
The 34 huge, luxurious suites of the 137 Pillars Bangkok are located on the upper floors of the hotel and offer breath-taking views over Bangkok. The suites are named after illustrious royal periods in Thai history, such as Sukhathai and Thonburi. They are between 70 and 127 square metres in size and include a private wine cellar with bar, atmospheric lighting, high ceilings, large walk-in wardrobes, beautiful marble bathrooms with round 137-column bathtubs and a state-of-the-art Bose sound system.
The comfortable Posturepedic Ultra Plush beds feature 400-thread count Egyptian cotton bed linen. All suites have spacious balconies furnished with The 137 Pillars’ signature rocking chairs and a large sofa bed for two, as well as a coffee table and chairs – perfect for relaxing.
The following suites available:
- Sukhothai Suites (12 suites): 70 sqm suites, including a 35 sqm marble bathroom with luxurious walk-in closets, a walk-in shower and stunning views from the 137-pillared bathtub. Spacious balcony with the 137 Pillars House rocking chair, a large day bed for two and a coffee table. There’s a separate pantry with its own wine cellar and maxi bar as well.
- Ayutthaya Suites (18 suites): 95 sqm one-bedroom with spacious bedroom, an en-suite bathroom with walk-in shower, round bathtub and built-in TV, and a spacious walk-in closet. A separate pantry with private wine cellar and maxi bar lead to a large, comfortable living area.
The Ayutthaya suites also offer large balconies with rocking chair, large day bed and coffee table and chairs. We stayed in this suite type and loved the amount of space, the luxurious finishes and the stunning views over Bangkok.
- Thonburi Suites (2 Suites): These 116 sqm one-bedroom suites feature a spacious living room with its own dining table and separate entertainment area connected to a large balcony overlooking the sunset. A separate guest bathroom completes the features of the living area. The en-suite bedroom offers unobstructed views of the sunrise and has a walk-in closet. These suites also have a separate pantry, a private wine cellar and a maxi bar.
- Rattanakosin Suites (2 Suites): 127 sqm two-bedroom suites withconnecting living room and private dining area, a pantry with private wine cellar and maxi bar, a large balcony with rocking chair and day bed. Both bedrooms have walk-in closets and ensuite bathrooms with walk-in showers and a spacious bathtub.
All suites feature some amazing benefits as well:
- 24h butler service
- Exclusive access to the infinity pool on the rooftop, as well as access to the main pool & Jacuzzi on level 27
- Access to Baan Borneo Club for an all-day breakfast from 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. (!), tea, coffee and refreshments, and complimentary daily sundowner drinks between 6 p.m. – 7 p.m (Also available at Nimitr Rooftop Bar)
- Guest Service Centre (e.g. for pre-departure lounge and showers) & Herb garden access
From lunch to dinner, from all-day casual dining to fine dining: there are many wonderful dining options at 137 Pillars:
- Nimitr: Nimitr is the hotel’s fine dining restaurant, known for its innovative and contemporary Thai cuisine, served in a stylish and elegant setting. Under the direction of Thai Chef Korawit Rungchat (Nat), the kitchen team has created a menu of authentic Thai dishes from different regions of Thailand, using local herbs and spices to enhance the aromatic flavors and provide a variety of health benefits. Menu highlights include the “Miang Kham King Scallops”, an appetizer where an array of herbs and vegetables such as lemongrass, betel leaves, coconut and shallots harmonize with succulent king scallops; or the “Poo Lon”, a delicious relish from Central Thailand consisting of premium soft shell crab, crab meat, coconut, chili and a selection of mixed herbs, served alongside local vegetables and herbs. The Northeast Thai specialty soup “Tom Sab Kai Mod Dang Pla Yang” combines a herbal blend of lemongrass, kaffir lime, galangal and basil leaves with crispy red ant eggs and seared tuna for a tantalizing combination of flavours. Make sure to try the fragrant “Gang Lueng Pla Salmon” curry, too, and leave room for the “Kao Neaw Mamuang”, or mango sticky rice with mango mousse and coconut flakes.
- Nimitr Terrace offers its guests a breath-taking view of the Bangkok skyline and is perfect for a relaxing evening with your loved ones. Unwind and create unforgettable culinary memories while admiring the stunning sunset. Suite guests can also enjoy exclusive sundowner cocktails here.
- Bangkok Trading Post Bistro & Bar: This restaurant offers all-day dining with a focus on Western and Asian home-style cooking. The menu features a range of international dishes, from breakfast to sandwiches, salads and much more. The breakfast is impressive and offers an extensive selection as well as many à la carte options.
- Jack Bain’s Bar: Jack Bain’s Bar is a cosy and sophisticated bar where you can enjoy a wide selection of cocktails, wines and spirits. Chicago’s Kumiko Bar, ranked 25th on the Top 50 Best Bars list, created two cocktails with Thai ingredients exclusively for Jack Bain’s Bar. Innovative bar snacks are available here as well.
- Pool bar: Located on the 27th floor of the hotel, the Pool Bar offers a tranquil retreat from the hustle and bustle of the city. With stunning views and an impressive infinity pool, guests can relax while enjoying a wide selection of drinks, including the signature cocktails.
- In-room dining: For guests who prefer to dine in the comfort and privacy of their room, there’s an in-room dining menu that offers a range of dishes and drinks.
- Baan Borneo Club: Suite guests have access to the Baan Borneo Club, which pays homage to the Borneo Trading Company, the former owner of the historic teak house at 137 Pillars House Chiang Mai. The lounge features a breakfast table with a wide selection of a la carte breakfast items, afternoon tea and sundowner drinks.
- Infinity rooftop pool: The infinity rooftop pool and cabanas with 360-degree views of the city are accessible exclusively for suite guests, 24 hours a day (!). This incredible pool is considered one of Bangkok’s most amazing pools, with sublime 360° views over the city. Two jacuzzi’s complete the amazing rooftop experience.
- Swimming pool on level 27: On level 27, all hotel guests can swim in the stunning infinity pool.
- Nitra serenity centre: The Nitra serenity centre’s philosophy is to provide guests with a pampering experience that will leave you feeling refreshed, invigorated and full of vitality. The spa offers a range of treatments to enhance the well-being. The price-quality ratio is excellent, and the massages and signature treatments come highly recommended.
- Fitness, yoga and meditation: The fitness area offers modern equipment, quiet and spacious rooms to work out, meditate or practise yoga.
- Golf facilities: Located on the 6th floor, the hotel’s mini golf course offers a putting green with a relaxing garden atmosphere and a golf simulator room. Guests can book in advance and practise their swings during their stay.
137 Pillars Bangkok is one of the most luxurious and exciting hotels in Bangkok. The suites here are among the largest in the city and include truly generous benefits (such as an all-day breakfast and an exclusive rooftop pool). The food and beverage offerings are also excellent, and the spa area is not to be missed. Bangkok always beckons, but at 137 Pillars you’ll spend more time in your hotel than you thought possible.