Anantara World Islands Dubai will make one of your dreams to come true. Admit, who has not dreamt of spending some time on a private island with secluded beaches, surrounded by pristine, blue waters. Since its opening end of 2021, the unique resort has attracted plenty celebrities and VIPS due to the fabulous vacation experience it has to offer.
Location & Hotel
Anantara is a luxury hospitality brand that was created in 2001 in Thailand, and that since then has expanded to all kind of exciting destinations all over the world. You can find their hotels in many cosmopolitan cities, but also on secluded beaches as here in Dubai. Anantara World Islands Dubai is the first resort that opened on the famous World Islands Dubai, an archipelago just off the coast of Dubai where in total, 260 man-made islands are grouped under seven sets that represent different continents. It is on the South-American continent that Anantara created this unique resort.
You reach Anantara World Islands Dubai, from its sister hotel Anantara The Palm via a fifteen minutes speed boat ride. And alone that boat ride is already a good reason to book a stay in the resort. Sailing on the ultramodern vessel that seems to come straight from an action hero movie, with the gorgeous skyline of Dubai in the background, is an experience you will not easily forget. And then you have not even reached the resort yet. When you start to approach your private island destination, the first thing you will see, are the beautiful palm trees and thatched-roof villa’s. On the jetty where you disembark into paradise, the very friendly and highly professional staff is awaiting you and is clapping on music that makes you feel immediately like on a tropical island in the middle of nowhere. And that while the bustling city of Dubai is only fifteen minutes away.
From the moment you walk off the jetty, and you look around, you immediately understand that you are embarking for a vacation which normally only the rich and famous can embark on. The attentive staff brings you to the main lobby area, where you can enjoy a fresh coconut while overlooking the main pool, lined with lush palm trees and before you will be transferred to your room or villa via a golf buggy. While the staff will always encourage you to use their buggies to move around on the island, we recommend you to also wander around yourself. The distances are not that big and the views are incredible everywhere. It will also allow you to meet the many birds and peacocks that are calling Anantara World Islands Dubai their home. And if you make your walk early in the morning or in the late afternoon, you will get spoiled with the most magnificent sunrises or sunsets over the Arabian Gulf.
Anantara World Islands Dubai is very different from other Anantara properties you might be familiar with. They call the atmosphere here barefoot luxury, and that is probably the best way to describe it. The resort is fifteen minutes by speed boat away from Palm Jumeirah. It takes about 40 minutes to reach Dubai International Airport by boat and taxi, and 50 minutes to go to Al Maktoum International Airport.
Rooms & Suites
The best way to describe the beautiful accommodation of Anantara World Islands Dubai is contemporary luxury. All rooms have a flatscreen TV, a mini bar, air conditioning, coffee and tea, wifi and they are all just a stone throw away from the private beach.
The resort consists out of 70 guest rooms, suites and villas which can be booked across 13 different categories :
- Ocean View Rooms : 31 sqm in size and located on the first floor of the low rise resort. These rooms have a balcony with excellent views of the iconic Palm Jumeirah.
- Beach Pool Rooms : 103 sqm in size, with easy access to the beach and the private pool.
- Junior Ocean View Suite : 86 sqm in size and ideal for small families. The rooms have a balcony overlooking the sea.
- Junior Beach Access Suite : 116 sqm in size and with unbelievable vies of the magnificent skyline in the distance
- Junior Beach Pool Suite : 219 sqm in size and with access to the pool or to the beach. These rooms enable plenty of privacy.
- Deluxe Ocean View Suite : 112 sqm in size and as hinted by the name, with fabulous views over the blue ocean.
- Deluxe Beach Pool Suite : 288 sqm in size, with a private pool and dining just metres from the sand.
- One Bedroom Beach Pool Villa : 225 sqm in size and with a private pool, just next to the beach.
- Anantara One Bedroom Garden Villas : 73 sqm in size. These villas are situated next to a lush garden where a morning coffee will be accompanied by birdsongs.
- Anantara One Bedroom Garden Pool Villa : 111 sqm in size, next to the beautiful garden. These villas come with their private pool.
- Anantara One Bedroom Beach Pool Villa : 152 sqm in size, with a private pool and next to the beach.
- Two Bedroom Beach Pool Villa : 366 sqm in size, next to the beach and with a private pool. These villas have 2 bedrooms and are huge.
- Four Bedroom Beach Pool Villa : 471 sqm in size and with two living rooms and four bedrooms. This is unlimited tropical luxury. The villa has a private pool of course and the beach is on your doorstep.
During our stay, we were booked in an Anantara One Bedroom Garden Pool Villa. These rooms are supposed to have no direct beach access. However, it all depends on your definition of beach access. Once you walk out of your villa at the back, you immediately notice your private pool, behind which there is a beautiful garden area. Between the trees of that garden, you see the dazzling sea and the Dubai skyline. You are also immediately welcomed by peacocks and other tropical birds. Literally a ten seconds walk later, you are standing on a unique, pristine private beach. Only the strong can resist to immediately trying out the swing in the blue water.
Our villa had a private pool of which the water was heated. Next to the pool, there are lounger chairs in which you can relax and enjoy the intimacy of your villa if you close the shutters. If you leave the shutters open, you can enjoy the great views on the garden, the sea and the skyline.
The villa was very spacious, had very high ceilings and really felt like a home away from home. The color scheme throughout the villa fits perfectly the island style way of living. The bed is very comfortable and there is a very nice sitting area with sofa’s next to it. There is also a table with some chairs in case you want to do some work, or to enjoy food in the privacy of your villa. The bathroom is very large and has a double sink. There is also a nice free standing bath. Behind matt glass in the bathroom, you will find the toilet and a walk in rain shower.
If you have the opportunity to spend a few nights on a private island, you don’t want to consider leaving the island in search for good food. The great news : that is absolutely not necessary. Anantara World Islands Dubai has several restaurants and dining options that cater for the most demanding palette. And they all come with mind blowing views over the Arabian Gulf and a wonderful atmosphere. You can enjoy the following food experiences :
- Helios : This informal, Mediterranean restaurant is partly inside, but also has a big terrace near the beach. The restaurant is open from breakfast till dinner and is your destination for eggs and freshly baked breads at breakfast and homemade pizza and pastas or aromatic seafood offerings straight from the ocean, for lunch or dinner.
- Qamar : In this contemporary restaurant, you go to indulge yourself in fabulous Arabian and Indian food. The inside section of the restaurant gets its unique personality from rich colours and décor inspired by the region. The outside terrace is ideally placed for sunset views across the World Islands.
- Luna : As Anantara World Islands Dubai is built on the South American continent of World Islands Dubai, a place with South-American atmosphere could not be omitted. In Luna you can enjoy great tapas and cocktails with good music and a real South-American vibe !
- Grand House : In the main lobby of the resort you can enjoy steaming hot coffee or speciality tea, read the newspapers over a sandwich or a baked treat.
- Dining by design : As the name discloses, you can indulge in tasty dishes created by a private chef, in a romantic setting. Image a candlelit meal at a beautifully decorated table by the ocean.
- Hamacland : This very unique experience, enables you to float on the sea and sample delightful bites with an unrivalled ocean backdrop.
During our visit, we really wanted to enjoy Qamar. The unique combination of Arabian and Indian food sounded very tempting and the menu only confirmed that feeling. Unfortunately, Qamar was booked for a private function. But do not underestimate the incredible service team of Anantara World Islands Dubai, that really goes that extra mile to make sure that even the most demanding guests get what they want. We were seated at the terrace of Helios, overlooking the beach and the Arabian Gulf, and were greeted by the chef of Qamar who proposed us to enjoy the Qamar food at Helios. Once the amazing mezze platters, butter chicken and tandoori meats arrived on the table, a real Arabian and Indian culinary feast emerged.
Many guests will just enjoy the sand, the sea and the incredible views on this private island. But for who wants to embark on activities, there are plenty of options :
- Water sports : plenty of possibilities are available. You can explore the area with a kayak or a paddleboard. More exhilaration can be found with water skis or the banana boat.
- Yoga : relaxation can be found in yoga sessions which are organized in a room next to the gym or at the beach. Those wishing to practice their asanas on the sand can book a training session at the well-equipped fitness centre.
- Kids’ Club : the place that young children will not be willing to leave.
- Giant bird cage : the most beautiful tropical birds can be found throughout the island, and also in this huge bird cage, that is located in the middle of the guest villas.
- Anantara Spa on the World Islands : signature massage or healing treatments can be booked in the luxurious treatment rooms or spa cabanas where the sounds of the ocean will enhance your feelings of relaxation. Who prefers total privacy, can opt for in room treatments.
- Cinema Under the Stars : watch your favourite movie in open air at the beach.
- Mixology : learn how to make cocktails from the mixologists at Luna
Ever dreamt of spending a few nights on an idyllic, private island surrounded by pristine waters and the most amazing sunrises and sunsets ? And then woke up to the idea that this will never be possible because only the rich and famous can afford that ? Stop dreaming… That is why you should discover Anantara World Islands Dubai. This gorgeous resort, staffed by a very professional, attentive and friendly team, gives you the feeling you are in the middle of nowhere, while the wonderful city of Dubai is just around the corner. Perfect accommodation, delicious food and plenty of activities for those who don’t want to relax in the sand all day, make this a place that should be on your bucket list.