W Dubai – Mina Seyahi is a magnificent five-star hotel on a stretch of beach between The Palm and Jumeirah Beach in Dubai. The amazing vibe which can be found in every W Hotel around the globe, in combination with the opulent interior design which is full of hints that refer to the historical and cultural heritage of Dubai, and the perfect Whatever/Whenever mentality of the good-looking staff, makes this the ideal home away from home.
Location & Hotel
As the name discloses, the W Dubai – Mina Seyahi hotel is part of the W Hotels brand, which has fifty-five hotels in more than twenty-five countries. W Hotels was created more than two decades ago, drawing inspiration from the bold attitude and 24/7 culture of New York City. The brand is part of the offering of Marriott International, Inc., which has thirty brands and more than eight thousand properties across one hundred and thirty-nine countries. The W Hotel brand is well-known for the fact that they dare to break the norms of traditional luxury and that all of their hotels have a provocative design and a very bustling, hip and lively atmosphere including music which you normally don’t expect in a hotel lobby.
The hotel is located in the heart of the Dubai Marina, southwest of central Dubai in Mina Seyahi on a stretch of beach between The Palm and Jumeirah Beach. In the area around the hotel, you can find many residential and commercial developments. Interesting spots to visit such as Mall Of The Emirates and the Ain Dubai, the world’s tallest observation wheel, are less than ten kilometres from the property. Next to W Dubai – Mina Seyahi, you can find The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina and Le Méridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Waterpark, two properties that also belong to the Marriott group and which offer lots of additional restaurants and activity options on top of what can be found in W Dubai Mina Seyahi.
The hotel, which consists of thirty-one floors and that has a remarkable glass architecture, is clearly created with Dubai as its inspiration. Historical, cultural and social aspects that characterize the desert state, can be found throughout the gorgeous resort and as always in W hotels, lots of attention has been paid to the details of the design.
Upon arriving at the sheltered driveway, you cannot avoid noticing the huge artificial tree which is created in front of the hotel. Once inside, the mesmerizing interior design welcomes the guests in an environment that is inspired by the al halaqa, which were the storytellers’ circles that brought people together in former times. If you walk immediately to the left side of the entrance, you arrive in a cosy seating area with curved benches and individual seats. There is also a large statue of a deer and the ceiling is very colourful, adding to that modern atmosphere you always find in W hotels. If you did not go left but walked straight ahead, you arrive in the W Living Room, the hotel’s alternative for a traditional hotel lobby. The check-in area has been designed to resemble a viper’s nest. The design team behind the W Dubai – Mina Seyahi hotel, drew inspiration from snake charmers that could be found in traditional souqs. And that is not the only reference to reptiles. There is also the mosaic-tiled path resembling snakeskin that leads to the check-in counter. On the right side, there is another seating area, that feels very luxurious and which is characterized by warm hues and gold accents. Arabian carpets hang at the walls and seem to transform in colourful lamps. If you keep walking towards the lift lobby, you will pass the W Store on the right side and just opposite of it, there is a large beaded installation featuring names of the stories from the 1001 Arabian Nights. From within the lift lobby, one of the elevators will transport you to the floor where your room or suite is situated. The corridors leading to that room are, typical for W hotels, again very different from what you would expect. They are very dark, creating a unique atmosphere.
Rooms & Suites
Once you walk in your room, your attention is drawn away by the floor-to-ceiling windows, which make the rooms very light and vibrant, and thus opposite of what you experienced minutes before in the corridor. The windows enable panoramic views of the Arabian Gulf & Dubai Marina and you can see several landmarks such as the Ain Dubai. The windows are perfectly sound-proof and guarantee that you can enjoy your stay without being hindered by the activities outside the hotel. Unless of course, you open them to walk onto your private balcony, which has seating for two, providing breath-taking views of the surroundings below.
The hotel offers 318 guest rooms of which 27 suites, all sea-facing and with private balcony, and they can be booked across 13 different categories :
- Fantastic King : 1 King, Mini fridge, 53sqm/570sqft, Living/sitting area, Coffee/tea maker, 43in/109cm LCD TV, Sea View, Balcony
- Fantastic Twin : 2 Twins, Mini fridge, 53sqm/570sqft, Living/sitting area, Coffee/tea maker, 55in/140cm LCD TV, Sea View, Balcony
- Marvelous King : 1 King, Mini fridge, 53sqm/570sqft, Living/sitting area, Coffee/tea maker, 55in/140cm LCD TV, Sea View, Balcony
- Marvelous Twin : 2 Twins, Mini fridge, 53sqm/570sqft, Living/sitting area, Coffee/tea maker, 55in/140cm LCD TV, Sea View, Balcony
- Spectacular King : 1 King, Mini fridge, 53sqm/570sqft, Living/sitting area, Coffee/tea maker, 55in/140cm LCD TV, Sea view, High floor, Balcony
- Spectacular Twin : 2 Twins, Mini fridge, 53sqm/570sqft, Living/sitting area, Coffee/tea maker, 55in/140cm LCD TV, Sea view, High floor, Balcony
- Fantastic Corner : 1 King, Mini fridge, 47sqm/506sqft, Living/sitting area, Coffee/tea maker, 55in/140cm LCD TV, Sea facing view, Corner room
- Marvelous Corner : 1 King, Mini fridge, 53sqm/570sqft, Living/sitting area, Coffee/tea maker, 55in/140cm LCD TV, Sea facing view, Corner room, Balcony
- Spectacular Corner : 1 King, Mini fridge, 53sqm/570sqft, Living/sitting area, Coffee/tea maker, 55in/140cm LCD TV, Sea facing view, Corner room, High floor, Balcony
- Fantastic Suite : 1 King, Mini fridge, 106sqm/1141sqft, Living/sitting area, Dining area, Separate living room, Coffee/tea maker, 55in/140cm LCD TV, Sea facing view, Balcony
- Marvelous Suite : 1 King, Mini fridge, 111sqm/1194sqft, Living/sitting area, Dining area, Separate living room, Coffee/tea maker, 55in/140cm LCD TV, Sea facing view, Balcony
- Spectacular Suite : 1 King, Mini fridge, 111sqm/1194sqft, Living/sitting area, Dining area, Separate living room, Coffee/tea maker, 55in/140cm LCD TV, Sea facing view, High floor, Balcony
- E WOW : Bedroom 1: 1 King, Bedroom 2: 1 King, Bathrooms: 2, 220sqm/2367sqft, Living/sitting area, Dining area, Separate living room, Coffee/tea maker, 55in/140cm LCD TV, Bedroom 1: 1 King, Bedroom 2: 1 King, Sea facing view, Top floor
During our stay, we were booked in a Spectacular King room. The rooms are beautifully designed and have distinctly Arabian touches. For the color scheme, the design team was inspired by the colors of the sunset because that is the moment storytelling begins. With this, also in the rooms the main theme of the hotel is represented. Behind the comfortable king-size bed there is a headboard in white leather with ribs and shapes, designed to evoke the white sails of the traditional voyaging boat, the Dhow. The walls are finished with some kind of paper texture, as a representation of the fact that visitors of this room should also start writing down their own stories. Next to the bed, there is a golden treasure chest which serves as bedside table. A bit further, you will find a comfortable, luxurious seating area with a blue mini bar. Near the entrance of the room, there is a large walk in closet which is separated from the room by curtains in colors that remind you of last night’s sunset. More or less opposite of the walk-in closet, there is the bathroom with rainfall shower.
The W Dubai – Mina Seyahi hotel offers several great dining options, so that you don’t need to leave the property if you are not in the mood to do so. However, as the hotel is surrounded by its sister properties The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina and Le Méridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Waterpark, you can also indulge in what they have to offer and that after a walk of only a few minutes.
Some of the food experiences that can be found nearby the comfort of your own room :
- Farrago : This bar and lounge derived its name from the word for ‘’a confused mixture’’. The atmosphere is Arabesque, a bit decadent and characterized by plush velvet and a warm color scheme. You are welcomed here for lunch, dinner or late night drinks and bites. Expect Middle Eastern food and mezze. At specific moments, a DJ is playing music.
- Ginger Moon : Near the infinity pool and with amazing views of the skyline, you will discover this restaurant which feels like a beach club, but then inside a hotel. The place has a bohemian theme with bamboo, rattan furnishings, terracotta and turquoise accents. Head here for cocktails and fusion, Pan-Asian influenced food which is mainly based on a sharing concept.
- Attiko : At the rooftop, Attiko is a bar and lounge with probably one of the best locations to enjoy the sunset in this neighbourhood. Go to Attiko to enjoy great drinks, Pan-Asian bites and to soak up the party atmosphere when DJ’s are spinning their records.
In sister properties The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina and Le Méridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Waterpark you can find :
- Bussola : Refined Italian restaurant where you can enjoy traditional Italian food created by chef Simone Montanaro. This is your go-to destination for pasta, risotto or other authentic Italian mains. The restaurant also has a more casual section, where they serve freshly prepared pizzas.
- Mare by Bussola : Bussola means compass in Italian language and Mare stands for sea. If you want to find the way to great Italian food next to the beautiful sea of Dubai, overlooking the Arabian Gulf, we recommend you to follow your compass and to find your way to Mare by Bussola. Simone Montanaro and his local team serve light, delicious, Italian dishes that perfectly fit the wonderful environment next to the pool and the beach at the Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Hotel. Be ready to enjoy the Italian Riviera…in Dubai ! Also see our separate article on this restaurant.
- Fish Beach Taverna : This restaurant, which looks like a café in Santorini, including the traditional blue and white interior design, serves a menu of Turkish and Greek cuisine. Fresh seafood is caught in the Aegean Sea, the Black Sea or Sea of Marmara and flown to Dubai, to be prepared in the kitchen of Fish Beach Taverna.
The W Dubai – Mina Seyahi hotel is the perfect spot if you want to discover the amazing city of Dubai. But also if you just want to unwind in the comfort of your hotel, there are great options to make sure that not one single minute is a boring one.
Some of the activities on which you can embark :
- WET Deck : the infinity pool, with lush palm trees, comfortable lounge chairs and amazing views.
- Bar-B : The spa located on the 30th floor with four treatment rooms, a beauty bar and relaxation areas, offering spa treatments and products, facials, massage and body treatments and also manicure and pedicure. All of this can be enjoyed while indulging yourself with bubbles or cocktails.
- Club Mina Gym : the fully equipped gym with cardiovascular equipment, elliptical machines, exercise bikes, weights, rowing machines, stair climbers, strength equipment and treadmills. For who wants, there is also the possibility to hire a personal trainer, to do an InBody body composition Analysis or to have swim coaching.
And this is only what can be found in The W Dubai – Mina Seyahi hotel. The sister properties of course also offer a lot of things to do.
There are many reasons, why W Dubai – Mina Seyahi is the perfect spot to spend a few nights on a visit to the bustling city of Dubai. Of course, there is the incredible atmosphere and vibe that can be found in every W Hotel around the globe. The amazing interior design throughout the property and in the rooms, makes sure that you never lose the connection with the cultural heritage of the fabulous desert state you are visiting. The amazing views from within every room, the perfect service from the hip and pretty team and the great location make W Dubai – Mina Seyahi the ideal home away from home.
W Dubai – Mina Seyahi
King Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud Street