JUMEIRAH Burj Al Arab
The Jumeirah Burj Al Arab is one of the most iconic hotels in the world and a real epitome of luxury. The 321 m high building is an architectural marvel that has put Dubai on the world map. The all-suite hotel in the shape of a sail ship redefined all levels of luxury throughout the years. The Burj Al Arab stands on an artificial island, 280m from the beach and is connected to the mainland by a private curving bridge. Access is only provided through the guard-monitored bridge or the helipad near the roof which is installed at a height of 210m above ground.
Burj Al Arab Jumeirah translates to ‘the tower of Arabs’ and the shape of the structure is designed to resemble the sail of a ship. A hotel that reflects the emirate’s past and its future as well as its ambition to become one of the most culturally diverse and dynamic cities in the world. Since its opening the Burj Al Arab redefined the meaning of luxury hospitality in the world. Approximately 1,790sqm of -24carat gold leaf was used to embellish the interior. More than 30 different types of Statuario marble have been used in the walls and flooring throughout the hotel, covering nearly 24,000sqm. The Terrace’s steel structure weighs approximately 3,000 tonnes, about half the weight of the Eiffel Tower and an astounding 10 million mosaic tiles in shades of azure and gold line the two pools at The Terrace. The hotel has the world’s tallest atrium, which ascends over 180m and is flanked by imposing golden columns. An abundance of warm, natural light beams down through the atrium, which has a beautiful fountain at its base.
The Jumeirah Burj Al Arab features 201 suites varying from 170sqm to 780sqm. Every guest floor has a team of skilled personal butlers who are there to serve every guest request. Featuring floor to ceiling windows with panoramic view of the Arabian Gulf, each suite includes complimentary WiFi, iPad , a 21-inch iMac, Bose iPhone docking station and interactive TV. The remote-controlled facilities include curtains, TV, music, lights and a private all in one printer, copier and scanner. All suites are duplex. The in-room marble staircase leads to a large master bedroom with a selection of 9 types of pillows, eiderdown duvets and Egyptian cotton linen. A master bathroom complete with a full-size Jacuzzi and a separate five-head rain shower comes with an extended range of Hermès bathroom amenities. Spanning the entire 25th floor, the two Royal Suites are the height of luxury. Upon stepping through the suite’s grand entranceway, a magnificent hallway and gold staircase invites guests to explore the upper level. Spanning 780sqm, each suite offers a magnificent majlis-style lounge, two large dressing rooms, two master bathrooms, a personal in-suite elevator, a private dining room for 12 and personalized private bars.
hotel assets and experiences
Burj Al Arab clearly stands as a global icon of Arabian luxury. The saltwater infinity pool at The Terrace spans 828sqm and appears to seamlessly blend with the sea. Facilities even include 32 air-conditioned cabanas. Perched 150m above the Arabian Gulf, Talise Spa offers 16 luxurious treatment and therapy rooms, and separate male and female indoor infinity pools, Jacuzzi, saunas, steam rooms and plunge pools. Burj Al Arab Jumeirah’s Events Arena can accommodate up to 2,500 guests for a cocktail reception or 1,500 for a seated function. Situated on the 27th floor, the Al Falak ballroom can accommodate up to 250 guests. There are three aquariums in Burj Al Arab – two situated on each side of the main hotel lobby and the circular tank in Al Mahara restaurant. The hotel even has its own camel Musaffir, meaning Traveler, that offers guests the chance to take a symbolic walk around.
Gastronomy is extremely important at The Jumeirah Burj Al Arab hotel. The passion and expertise for culinary excellence within the Jumeirah group is big and strengthened by the appointment of Michael Ellis, former International Director Michelin worldwide, to Chief Culinary Officer of the group. Burj Al Arab has nine dining and entertainment venues:
- Restaurant Al Mahara, meaning ‘Oyster Shell’ guarantees a dining experience that will stimulate all your senses. The seafood-oriented restaurant boasts one dining room that is built in a circle around the big aquarium. For more details about Al Mahara, please check our restaurant section.
- Located on the 27th floor, restaurant Al Muntaha, really lives up to its name, which means 'The Highest' in Arabic. Two express panoramic elevators transport guests to the restaurant, which looks out over the Arabian Gulf and splendid Dubai coastline. On the menu fine ‘French cuisine’ bursting with seasonal produce and the finest ingredients. Check our restaurant section for more details.
- Gold on 27, is a stunning space that brings the wow factor to Dubai’s hotel bar scene. Presenting creative cocktail and mocktail mixology, and signature shisha flavours it’s the ideal evening destination overlooking the Dubai skyline.
- Scape Restaurant & Lounge: a contemporary restaurant located on The Terrace offers the perfect retreat from city life and is an ideal setting for a long, leisurely lunch or relaxed casual evening.
- Skyview Bar & Restaurant, a legendary cocktail lounge which blends a beautiful setting with an eclectic and inventive drinks menu.
- Al Iwan is exquisitely designed with rich fabrics and warm colours. Al Iwan, ‘Royal Dining Hall’ in Arabic, is located on the first floor of the Hotel and serves sumptuous Arabic cuisine in a buffet-style.
- On the mezzanine floor, Junsui, delights guests with rich flavours of Far East Asia. No less than 45 specialized Asian chefs prepare a variety of dishes from a series of open kitchens.
- At Bab Al Yam guests can enjoy a Mediterranean cuisine with Middle Eastern accents while the restaurant’s floor-to-ceiling windows offer stunning views of the Arabian Gulf and swimming pools.
- The afternoon tea experience Sahn Eddar at the lobby lounge offers an enjoyable menu that includes French & Indian breakfast menus as well as light bites and sweet delights.
The award winning Jumeirah Burj Al Arab is an icon in Dubai and an experience in itself. With a variety of outstanding services and facilities this place sets new boundaries of Luxury travel. With a wide range of international gastronomic restaurants, each providing a unique and unforgettable dining experience, Burj Al Arab is a leading destination in the ‘World’s Best Places’ selection by combining gastronomy, luxury, wellness and upscale service.
quotation and information
Jumeirah Burj Al Arab scored 92 points of 100 points in our rating system. View our Top 60 of the world. Back to the reviews.
By Frank & Veerle
Jumeirah Burj Al Arab
Jumeirah St - Dubai
United Arab Emirates
Phone: +971 4 301 7777
All images, text and movies © wbpstars.com.
Images aerial, resort © Jumeirah
For more information or requests, please contact
us via email@example.com