Capella Bangkok is one of the metropolis’ newest and most exclusive hotels. Superbly situated on the banks of the Chao Phraya River, this property redefined the Bangkok hotel scene with ultra-luxurious, spacious suites, riverside villas and a restaurant by the world’s former number one chef. The signature, personalised Capella service and exceptional design complete the experience.
Location & Hotel
Bangkok. The Asian city of angels and the royal capital of Thailand is one of the world’s most buzzing cities. Hospitality lovers could spend months here, exploring the vast offer of amazing hotels and restaurants. From some of the world’s best street food to Michelin star dining; from excellent and trendy hostels to some of the world’s finest hotels: Bangkok has it all, and more.
Some hotels manage to stand out from the impressive offer. The recently opened Capella Bangkok is one of them. This hotel opened its doors in October 2020 and was immediately considered as one of the best properties in the city. It’s easy understand why. Firstly, it is the first opening of the famous Capella Hotels and Resorts’ group in Thailand. Secondly, the level of luxury and the amount of space are quite unique – even for Bangkok. Thirdly, with attracting one of the world’s best chefs, Capella Bangkok immediately bet heavily on gastronomy. And last but not least, the location of the hotel is, well, excellent.
Located on the banks of the world famous Chao Phraya River, each and every suite and villa boasts uninterrupted views of Thailand’s revered river. At the other side of the hotel, guests can discover Charoen Krung Road , which is known as Bangkok’s oldest paved road. Both sides of the hotel offer a unique encounter with tradition as well as cultural heritage, whether that is on the water or on the land.
Capella Bangkok is designed by the famous Hamiltons International and BAMO. They chose for a warm, elegant and above all luxurious atmosphere, where space and privacy are central. Tons of marble, earthy tones, fine fabrics, impressive modern artworks and some nice Asian antiques set the tone. However, the ensemble does not feel over-the-top and remains laid-back and accessible. The amazing views on the river are magnified through floor-to-ceiling windows from every room and all of the restaurants. It’s a true haven of tranquility in the middle of one the world’s most vibrant cities.
Rooms, Suites & Villas
Capella Bangkok offers 101 suites and villas, all located along the Chao Phraya river. In line with the rest of the hotel, the interiors are contemporary and warm, and combine luxury with smart authentic Thai details. All of the accommodations offer wonderful views on the river from the inside areas as well as from the private terraces, verandas or private plunge pools.
Rooms here are huge, starting from 61 square meters. Everything inside the rooms is premium, from the Premium in-room technology to the Egyptian cotton linens. The following room types are available:
- Riverfront: this room type offers 61 square meters of space, panoramic floor to ceiling river views and a private balcony.
- Riverfront Premier: the Premier rooms are located on levels 5 – 10 and boast even more amazing views on the river.
- Courtyard suites: the courtyard suites measures 101 square meters and boast views of the hotel pool. There’s a living and dining area and this room type is also available with 2 bedrooms .
- Verandah suites offer 137 square meters of luxurious space and include a spacious outdoor terrace, sala and a Jacuzzi plunge pool facing the river.
- River suites measure 95 square meters and have a separate living room, floor-to-ceiling river views and balcony. This room type is also available with 2 bedrooms .
- River suite premier: A 110 square meter suite with balcony and floor-to-ceiling river views.
- Capella suite: the Capella suites measures 153 square meters centred between a wrap-around balcony.
- Verandah suite: A 209 square meter suite with living room, outdoor terrace and Jacuzzi plunge pool facing the river. This room type is also available with 2 bedrooms.
- Villa: the villas (7 in total) are some of Bangkok’s most exclusive accommodations. They measure 259 square meters and are located at the river’s edge. There’s a living & dining room, a private garden and a private Jacuzzi plunge pool.
- Presidential villa: 595 square meters of luxury in this riverfront 2-bedroom villa with private garden, Jacuzzi plunge pool, living and dining room.
We stayed at a Verandah Suite and were really impressed by the elegant, warm and extremely luxurious interior, the marble bathroom with views on the river, the attention to detail (like the in-room cocktail setup and other amenities), and the flawless in-room technology. The mini bar with Nespresso coffee machine and tea is complimentary (non-alcoholic, refilled daily).
The outdoor Jacuzzi pool with breath-taking view on the river was the highlight of the suite. Spending an afternoon on the terrace and in the pool, gazing at the mesmerizing life on the Chao Phraya river, is a magical experience.
The Resort & resort assets
- Capella Bangkok wouldn’t be a Capella property if there wasn’t a great emphasis on the cultural experience. The hotel invites its guest to have a glimpse into the soul of the city and the team of Capella Culturists even created a series of “Capella Curates” experiences centered around the dynamic neighbourhood and its intriguing residents. From walking tours of Bangkok’s eclectic local café culture to private meditation sessions with the head monk of a 250-year-old temple, the Capella Culturists will do everything they can to offer authentic cultural experiences to the guests.
- The Auriga Spa is the place to go to for rebalancing, vitality or an aesthetic revival. Seven well-appointed treatment suites are beautifully decorated and are the perfect setting for the Thai, Chinese, Indian and European wellness treatments. 111SKIN offers some great medispa innovative treatments here as well. From ancient Thai therapies to modern body treatments: the menu offers something for everybody. The spa also includes a vitality pool, water therapy facilities and a relaxation lounge nestled in a wonderful garden by the riverfront.
- The hotel pool overlooks greenery and the Chao Phraya river. It’s a wonderful place to relax and gaze at the river life before or after a busy day in Bangkok city.
- Capella Bangkok also features some elegant venues for weddings, meetings and special occasions.
- The service at Capella could be considered as an important asset as well. The level of respect, professionalism and personalisation is truly impressive and we can easily we have encountered some of the best service in the world at Capella Bangkok.
With the gastronomy offer, Capella Bangkok clearly wanted to hit the soft spot of gourmet lovers from all over the world. Authentic Thai family recipes; dishes from a 3 Michelin-Starred chef; decadent patisserie; or some perfectly mixed craft cocktails: Capella Bangkok will impress even the most experienced eaters.
- Côte by Mauro Colagreco is Capella Bangkok’s fine dining outlet. Shortly after its opening, the restaurant received a first Michelin star. That shouldn’t be a surprise, as it is overlooked by the famous Three-Michelin star chef Mauro Colagreco, whose restaurant Mirazur (France) was chosen as the world’s best restaurant by the World’s 50 Best Restaurant List in 2019. For our full article of Côte, please see our restaurant section.
- Phra Nakhon is the Thai restaurant of Capella Bangkok. Ingredients coming from Thai farmers and fishermen are used in dishes that perfectly balance sweet, spicy, sour, salty and bitter flavours. Lunch and dinner menus include amazing Thai specialties such as the Fluffly cat fish, topped with seasonal pomelo, kaffir lime leaves, a Phra Nakhon dressing, cashew nuts and betel leaves, or the Ayutthaya old style hot and sour soup of jasmine rice stock with Ayutthaya river prawns and oyster mushrooms. The generous breakfast is also served in this beautiful restaurant, where earthy tones and lots of light define the atmosphere.
- At Stella, craft cocktails linked to artisan pastries steal the show. Make sure to sample the “City of Khai”, a unique cocktail based on the Issan culture, with authentic flavours from Issan Rum, Roasted Rice, Spices and Tom Kha Foam. Cocktails can be completed by creations from the chef patissier, such as the “Secret of Ya Mo”, which combines Chiang Mai Chocolate with Coffee and Passion Fruit. Each pairing is linked to an ancient warrior story. A Dessert Omakase Experience with Cocktail pairing is also available.
- At the Tea Lounge, guests can embark on a tea journey with a wide choice of premium tea varieties, all served with amazing views on the historical river. The delicious afternoon tea is served in different servings, with savoury snacks followed by an impressive pastry chariot.
One of the newest hotels in Bangkok, Capella Bangkok pushes the boundaries of the city’s hospitality scene. Bordering the Chao Phraya river, the property is a cocoon of tranquillity in the middle of the hectic city. Luxury and space are the standard here, with stunning rooms and villas – some with their own pool – starting at a generous 61 square meters. The famous Capella service, an outstanding food and beverage offer and a unique approach to cultural experiences and wellness make this hotel a must in Bangkok.
TRAVEL IN STYLE, WITH ETIHAD AIRWAYS
Flying to South-East Asia? Choose well and travel in style with Etihad. We flew from Brussels to Phuket with a stopover in Abu Dhabi, and from Bangkok to Brussels with the same stop in Abu Dhabi. Fares start as low as € 650 for a round trip from Brussels to Malé in Economy Class or € 1.700 in Business class.
We flew in Etihad Airway’s Business Class Studio’s. These studio’s are considered as one of the best Business Class seats in the world, offering plenty of space, a wonderful F&B offer and a state-of-the-art inflight entertainment system. Safety is a standard for Etihad Airways, and in 2021, they became the first airline in the world with 100% of crew on board vaccinated. Safety, luxury and comfort are what defines the Etihad flight experience today.
Discover more about the Etihad Business Class Experience
Do you know that when you fly with Etihad, you can explore six continents? Discover the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and North America. Indeed, their network offers access to hundreds of international destinations with just one booking!
Choose well and travel in style with Etihad.
Our videos about this hotel
300/2 Charoenkrung Road, Yannawa, Sathorn