Grand Resort Bad Ragaz is a stunning five star superior property in Bad Ragaz, Switzerland. Known as one of the leading wellness resorts in Europe, the resort combines spa and wellness with luxurious, beautiful rooms and excellent gastronomy. The resort is located in the town of Bad Ragaz, which is famous for its natural springs and thermal water. Against a backdrop of mountains and natural scenery, Grand Resort Bad Ragaz grew from a thermal bathing area to one of the most prestigious resorts in Europe. Over the years several buildings were added to the complex and the today Grand Resort Bad Ragaz is a small town on itself.
Wellness and medical healing are at the core of the Grand Resort Bad Ragaz experience. The foundations of the resort rest on centuries of spa and healing traditions. The own thermal spring forms the basis for the two different thermal bath and spa areas. The wellbeing offer was extended with a five-star luxury resort, offering rooms and suites in four different buildings, as well as an excellent gastronomy offer, resulting in a world of peace and relaxation for the mind and the body.
Rooms And Suites
At Grand Resort Bad Ragaz, modernity is combined with traditional touches in a prestigious, contemporary yet timeless atmosphere. Luxury is key and the most important trademark of the resort. It is modern, elegant, majestic and sleek. Beige, grey and light brown are the main colours in the rooms, creating a warm and inviting setting. Lush fabrics, wood, marble and natural stone bring the surrounding nature indoors. Stunning views on the mountains are the cherry on the cake. Grand Resort Bad Ragaz offers an array of beautifully designed rooms in two Grand Hotels and several buildings:
The Grand Hotel Hof Ragaz combines tradition with prestige in the resort’s main building. Five-star luxury, excellent service and an ultimate standard of comfort. Room types : Comfort room, Deluxe room, Grand Deluxe room, Deluxe suite, Grand deluxe suite, Family room, Two-bedroom suite
Grand Hotel Quellenhof offers a contemporary style and a new kind of luxury. Elegance and stunning design are combined in a truly timeless and luxurious experience in various suite types.Room types : Junior suite, Junior suite deluxe, Corner junior suite, Suite, Grand suite, Royal suite and the King suite & King floor Spa Suites. The Spa suites combine wellness, design and relaxation. A place to relax, recharge and escape business of daily life.Room types : Spa loft superior, Spa loft deluxe, Spa suite, Presidential suite, Penthouse suite.
We can highly recommend the completely renovated Grand Hotel Quellenhof, which offers a truly new kind of exclusive luxury. Tradition merges with a contemporary style designed by the star Swiss architect Claudio Carbone. The architect kept the vibrant tradition of the Grand Hotel but inserted a dose of contemporary design and luxury. All of the suites are very spacious and extremely luxurious. The very best materials as well as the latest technologies were used and all rooms offer beautiful views on the surrounding nature. The beige and light tones, spacious living areas and luxurious furnishing create a warm, cosy and prestigious setting. Our corner junior suite had a big, beautiful bathroom with separate his and her vanities, marble walls, a build-in television with entertainment system, and a spacious living and bedroom with all imaginable facilities. Luxurious is an understatement for this cosy suite. For those seeking the ultimate hospitality experience, there is the King Suite. With both private fitness and spa areas, this is luxury at its very best.
Hotel Assets And Experiences
Grand Resort Bad Ragaz is known as the Leading Wellbeing & Medical Health Resort in Europe.
The bathing and spa tradition stretching back hundreds of years is at the heart of the Bad Ragaz experience. At the resort, guests enjoy a combination of the own thermal spring with a wonderful, world-class spa. There are two different bathing and spa areas:
Tamina Therme: The Tamina Therme encompasses a public wellbeing oasis where guests can relax and revitalise. The healing thermal water allows ensures an energising experience for the body and the mind. There are different in- and outdoor baths as well as a separate sauna area.
Thermal Spa: The thermal spa is accessible for hotel guests only and offers over six thousand square metres of Spa area for relaxation, health optimization and healing. The 36.5°C thermal water can be found in the historic Helena pool, the sports pool, the garden pool, the family spa and an exclusive sauna area. A spa menu consisting of medical expertise and holistic wellness offers allow the guests to find new energy and vitality. The 90 minutes’ Mind Relaxing Aroma Massage comes highly recommended: a gentle and relaxing massage, designed to calm the body and mind, with different organic aromatherapy oils.Besides the thermal baths and spa, guests can also participate in cultural events, enjoy music concerts, hit some balls at two golf courses, or try their luck in the casino. For business purposes there are different meeting and event rooms, too.
Gastronomy is extremely important at Grand Resort Bad Ragaz. The resort has a long-standing culinary tradition and combines modern, inventive cuisine with traditional and local restaurants. The very best product and a focus on natural, seasonal products form the basis of the culinary offer. There are eight restaurants, four bars, a sushi takeaway, a bistro and a café.
- Grand Resort Bad Ragaz holds no less than 48 Gault&Millau points in total, and 1 Michelin star. A true culinary mecca indeed.
- Verve by Sven : Seasonal cuisine with a focus on a healthy lifestyle. Every ingredient is sourced from sustainable agriculture and fair trade, and this philosophy is also reflected in the interior design. For more information about this restaurant, please see our restaurant section.
- Memories : Sven Wassmer’s flagship restaurant at Grand Resort Bad Ragaz. Innovation, seasonality, nature and the very best products are the key elements in this experience. Awarded with 18/20 points in the Swiss Gault&Millau Guide. For more information about this restaurant, please see our restaurant section.
- Igniv by Andreas Caminada : Igniv combines Andreas Caminada’s gastronomic philosophy with a homely sharing concept. A modern fine dining experience presented by chef de cuisine Silvio Germann, awarded with 1 Michelin star and 17/20 points in the Swiss Gault&Millau Guide. For more information about this restaurant, please see our restaurant section.
- Namun : Tradition and modernity are combined in a journey to the Far East in this delightful Asian restaurant.Olives d’Or : From fresh fish to delicious pasta, at Olives d’Or it’s all about Mediterranean cuisine in an inviting setting.
- Zollstube : A typically Suisse Stube where guests can enjoy Alpine delicacies such as Rösti, Fondue, Grisons barley soup and Zürcher Geschnetzeltes. There are also more than 15 kinds of craft beer on offer.
- Gladys : Gladys combines a stylish interior with a big sun terrace and offers clubhouse specialities with views on the golf course.
- Schloss Wartenstein : Situated 250 meters above the resort, this restaurant offers beautiful views on the area. Regional food is presented in a modern way “sharing-style”.Besides these restaurants, there is a Gold Bistro, Café Therme and Sushi Take-Awaye “KOIsO” as well.
Grand Resort Bad Ragaz is one of the leading wellness resorts in Europe. But the resort offers lots more than wellness alone. The culinary offer is outstanding (the resort counts 48 Gault&Millau points in total), the rooms and suites are exceptional, and there is a great activities and events offer as well. It is an exciting and inspiring place.
Written by Sven & Frank