Lesante Blu Resort is a wonderful beachside resort located on the island of Zakynthos in Greece. The award winning adults-only, all-suite hotel – a member of The Leading Hotels of the World – offers luxurious suites, a sleek and modern design, a breath-taking pool area and an array of (fine) dining options. The experience is topped off with great service and spectacular views of the Ionian Sea.
Location & Resort
Lesante Blu Exclusive Beach Resort is located on Zakynthos, or “Zante”, one of Greece’s most beautiful islands. Zakynthos belongs to the Ionian Islands together with Lefkada and Kefalonia and measures approximately 40 kilometres in length and 20 kilometres in width. The island is known for its stunning natural beauty, including rocky and steep mountains, lush vegetation, arches and cliffs spilling into the ocean, and many beautiful beaches.
Highlights of the island include Navagio (Shipwreck) Beach, the Blue caves, small Marathonissi Islet, the nests of the Mediterranean sea turtle Caretta Caretta, and traditional villages. Some of the beach towns also host an array of bars and beach clubs, yet Zakynthos is much more laid-back than party islands Mykonos or Paros. It’s a wonderful escape from the hustle of everyday life and an ideal place to enjoy the wonders of Greek nature & hospitality.
The island is home to some of Greece’s best resorts, like the resorts of Lesante Collection. This high-end hospitality group represents three luxurious five-star hotels & villas on the island of Zakynthos: the family-friendly Lesante Classic, the adults-only Lesante Blu, and the sophisticated and atmospheric Lesante Cape. Lesante Blu is located near the picturesque village of Tragaki, on the Eastern side of the island. It’s about a 20 minutes’ drive from the airport of Zakynthos.
The resort occupies a beautiful strip of land right on the beach, with immaculate gardens, a soothing and warm colour palette, and a modern, attractive design. The sleekly designed buildings were organically built in and against the hill, so that the attention is fully directed to the surrounding nature.
The views from the suites and hotel grounds are sublime, and the huge infinity pool, perched on a small cliff above the ocean, is truly stunning.
Lesante Blu is a suite-only hotel with 92 suites. They all boast stunning views on the ocean from private balconies, terraces and/or private pools. They feature an open-plan layout, which increase the feeling of space but decrease the level of privacy in some of the suites. However, it’s a perfect and romantic setting for couples. The design inside the suites is modern yet warm, with a beige, grey, golden and white colour palette. Stylish interior accessories and the stunning sea views complete the contemporary atmosphere.
The following suite types are available:
- ‘Double sea view suites’ measure 44 m2 and have a minimalistic, contemporary design. The suite consists out of a bedroom with living room in open plan style, a lavish marble-lined bathroom with separate bathtub, a huge shower cabin and a spacious private balcony.
- ‘The Spa suites sea view with outdoor jetted tub’ have the same layout as the sea suites, but with an outdoor private Jacuzzi on the terrace to enjoy unique rejuvenating moments.
- ‘Signature suites sea view with individual pool’ also have the same layout as the suite types above, but are located on the ground floor and boast a private pool.
- ‘Honeymoon suites sea view with private pool’ measure 58m2. They consist out of a marble-lined bathroom with separate Jacuzzi bathtub and shower cabin, a generous terrace with individual freshwater pool with unobstructed panoramic views of the Ionian Sea, and a romantic bedroom.
- ‘Deluxe suites sea view with private pool’ boast 85 m2 of space, featuring a magnificent bedroom and sitting area in open plan style, including a huge circular spa bathtub with stunning sea views. There’s a lavish marble-lined bathroom shower cabin as well, and a big private swimming pool with frontal views of the garden and the ocean.
- ‘The Royal Grand suite sea view with private pool’ is Lesante Blu’s most exclusive suite. 160 m2 of luxurious space encompass two levels and include a furnished living and dining room, a beautiful bedroom and sitting area, and a lavish marble-lined bathroom with separate spa bathtub and shower cabin with splendid views to the Ionian sea. There’s a generously spaced terrace and private infinity swimming pool – all with magnificent views on the ocean.
We stayed in The Royal Grand Suite during our stay, which offered an amazing amount of luxurious living space spread out over two levels. Views from all areas on the Ionian sea were spectacular, and we particularly loved the sunset views from the giant spa Jacuzzi on the top floor or from the sun loungers in the private garden.
At Lesante Blu, guests can dine & drink at the following outlets:
- Gaia restaurant is the à la carte breakfast and dinner restaurant at Lesante Blu, featuring a large selection of international dishes. The restaurant hosts theme nights, such as a Greek night, as well.
- Melia Fine Dining is Lesante Blu’s Fine Dining restaurant. Melia was awarded ‘Best Fine Dining Luxury Unique Experience in Southern Europe’ in 2020 and is managed by Executive Chefs Vasilis Kranias and Nikos Ispiroudis. They guide their guests through a creative menu with multiple courses, topped with sublime views of the ocean. For more information about this great restaurant, please consult our separate article.
- Ostria is Lesante Blu’s all day restaurant and offers à la carte dishes right by the pool. It is a great place to sample fresh fish, Greek traditional dishes and light snacks. During dinner, Ostria restaurant transforms into a creative Greek restaurant where local meat takes center stage.
- Almyra Beach House is located right on the beach and is a great lunch spot to enjoy sushi, refreshing drinks and cocktails, served to you on your sun-bed or at the bar area.
- The champagne bar Panorama is located next to Gaia restaurant. Here you can enjoy an exceptional selection of champagnes and refreshing cocktails. Is the perfect place to have your aperitif or after-dinner drink.
- Private dining in and around your suite is possible as well, and enjoying a lavish breakfast topped with stunning sea views comes highly recommended!
From romantic sunset boat trips to soothing spa treatments: Lesante Blu offers a wide array of both relaxing and more adventurous activities:
- The Essence Wellness & Spa offers a wide range of treatments by Germaine de Capuccini. The spa offers an indoor heated pool, 3 massage treatment rooms, a massage treatment suite, a sauna, a hamam, a cold water splash, and indoor heated jacuzzi and a fitness center.
- The spectacular, huge outdoor pool overlooks the Ionian Sea and Kefalonia island. It was constructed in the form of a letter L and is surrounded by sun loungers. It’s a great social spot to watch and be watched, sip cocktails and take in the endless views of the ocean.
- From the pool you can head down via a staircase to the compact private beach, where you’ll find sun loungers, a sundeck and a jetty.
- Sport lovers can rent bicycles, play tennis at the tennis courts, and enjoy a great variety of water sports, such as jet ski, canoe, and Sup Surf.
- Private yachting comes highly recommended and is an amazing way to discover the beauty of the beaches, the islands and the coastline of Zakynthos. Lesante Blu has two yachts available at the resort: the Cranchi Endurance 39, offering space for 8 guests, and the Cranchi Turchese 24, a perfect and charming yacht for 4 guests. The resort features a jetted platform used for private excursions.
- For those who want to arrive from the sky, the resort has a private helipad as well.
Lesante Blu is a wonderful resort for couples looking for a modern, adults-only holiday experience on the island of Zakynthos in Greece. The sleek and luxurious suites offer a lavish design and incredible views on the ocean. Food is a highlight here, with Melia Fine Dining offering one of Zakynthos’ most stunning fine dining experiences.