Mövenpick Resort Kuredhivaru Maldives is a pristine island paradise located in the Maldives. It offers beautiful private pool villas with a contemporary design, an array of family-friendly activities and a nice selection of restaurant and bars. Add to that the good value for money, and it’s easy to understand why this is a popular choice in the Maldives.
Location & Hotel
Mövenpick Resort Kuredhivaru Maldives is located on the secluded Kuredhivaru island in the Noonu Atoll, one of the least disturbed Atolls of the Maldives. The resort opened its doors in 2018 and can be reached with a 45 minutes seaplane transfer from Velana International Airport.
Kuredhivaru island is a tropical oasis covered in lush vegetation, palm trees and dreamy sandy beaches. The small island is surrounded by a lagoon, which offers the perfect environment for snorkelling. The beautiful sandy beach which surrounds the island forms a natural protection for the lush, jungle-like vegetation covering the island.
It’s a fairly small island, which means everything is easily reachable within walking distance. It has a more or less rectangular shape with beach villas along the two long sides. At the north and the widest end, there’s a sleek, beautiful and very large swimming pool, at the other end there’s a jetty and dive centre. The overwater villas are located on the northeast side of the island. From everywhere on the island and the villas, guests can enjoy stunning views across the Indian Ocean.
Rooms & Suites
Mövenpick Resort Kuredhivaru Maldives is home to 105 luxurious pool villas. There are 72 overwater pool villas, 30 beach pool villas and 3 three-bedroom beach pool residences.
They are divided into the following categories:
- Overwater pool villa lagoon: Located above the turquoise lagoon, the 140m2 over water villas feature see-through floors, slide-open glass doors, an infinity-edge pool and a bed- and bathroom with stunning views on the ocean. These villas are located on two parallel jetties, so it is important to note that the terraces do not offer complete privacy.
- Overwater pool villa ocean: these 140m² one-bedroom villas have the same design as the lagoon villas, but are located at the ocean sides. They offer total privacy and frontal ocean views. The best choice for those looking for a romantic, luxurious and private overwater getaway.
- Beach pool villa sunset: 190m² one-bedroom villa, facing the sea with direct beach access and surrounded by tropical gardens. There’s also a private Sala on the upper level and a plunge pool on the ground level.
- Beach pool villa deluxe: Located just next to the white sand beach, this villa is cradled by lush greenery and measures 190m2. It offers a luxurious design and stunning views on the ocean.
- Beach pool residence: a 230 m² villa with direct beach access, 2 master bedrooms, 1 twin bedroom, a private twin bed massage room, a lounge area and a private plunge pool.
We stayed in one of the Overwater ocean pool villas with sunset views. The design of the highly comfortable villa was warm, contemporary and timeless. Lots of wood was accentuated with natural materials, earthy colour tones and blue accents.
The villa boasted some unique features, such as an impressive entrance hall with a see-through floor, direct view of the ocean and movable walls made of beautiful wooden panels; and a breath-taking, black-tiled infinity pool, hanging over the ocean. Both the cosy bedroom with lounge area and the spacious bathroom offered beautiful views of the ocean.
The bathroom was equipped with a standalone, wooden, double sink and a big standalone bathtub overlooking the ocean. Both the separate toilet as the huge shower were semi outdoor with a small balcony looking inside the ocean. An outdoor area featured daybeds, a dining table, the stunning private pool and direct ocean access.
Mövenpick Resort Kuredhivaru Maldives offers four dining & wining outlets:
- ONU Marché is the main dining area of the resort. It is housed in a huge wooden structure and is designed as a charming market-style restaurant. Buffet breakfasts are topped with ocean views, dinners feature Mӧvenpick’s signature “marché concept”, with buffet theme nights like the “Atlantis night” (a sumptuous seafood buffet). Onu Marché boasts a bar as well for aperitifs or after-dinner drinks. Each day between 16 and 17pm, there’s a complimentary chocolate hour, where guests can enjoy the famous Mövenpick chocolate and ice-cream.
- Next to the resort’s shop, guests can indulge in refined wine tastings at Oak Lounge. A curated selection of around 260 references and 800 bottles from 15 countries can be discovered during wine tastings and culinary experiences.
A variety of experiences is on offer at Mövenpick Resort Kuredhivaru Maldives:
- The signature Sun Spa by Healing Earth is an overwater oasis of calm and tranquillity. A selection of great signature massage therapies is on offer, besides a wide variety of body massages and facial treatment and wellness experiences. The spa won several prices in the past and the serene unbroken ocean views from the spa pavilions are truly mesmerising. We tried the aromatic oil massage in one of these pavilions (pictured below) and had a mesmerising, very relaxing experience.
- Sports lovers can head to the fully-equipped fitness center and restore mind-body balance at the Yoga Sala. Sunrise and sunset group yoga and meditation classes are complimentary for all the guests staying on the island. There’s a full-sized tennis court and football/volleyball court as well.
- On water, guests can enjoy some amazing snorkelling, a variety of motorized and non-motorized (complimentary) sports and some great excursions like a dolphin cruise or sunset cruise.
- Younger guests will definitely enjoy the Little Bird Club where games, puzzles and activities will keep their minds entertained throughout the day.
- Mövenpick Resort Kuredhivaru Maldives consciously thinks about the environment. No less than 1700 solar panels are installed throughout the resort and generate 450 watts of maximum power. The resort also uses reusable energy and the Desalination Plant makes it possible to convert ocean water into fresh water. The in-house production of drinking water and bottling produces 4,000 litres each day. Finally, there’s also a composting site where food waste is composted together with garden waste and reused for gardening purposes.
- Service is friendly and professional, and the resort offers a very nice price-quality ratio as well. Especially during shoulder and low season, some great deals can be made here.
Mövenpick Resort Kuredhivaru Maldives is wonderful resort in the Maldives. It is a luxurious but no-frills, non-elitist resort where everyone is welcome, from young to old. The pool villas are spacious, equipped with every comfort and have a beautiful, contemporary design. Amazing private infinity pools and a great island spa complete the true Maldivian experience.
FLY DIFFERENT WITH TURKISH AIRLINES
Turkish Airlines is taking Turkish hospitality to higher levels – literally. With their business class offer, the airline ensures that the journey is part of your holiday. What to expect? A highly pleasurable experience, with spacious, comfortable seating (full-flat beds on long-haul flights), outstanding and award-winning food (don’t miss the Turkish meatballs!), a great in-flight entertainment system, and great service with the typical Turkish flair.
The airline has greatly increased its offer and flies to more than 272 destinations today. Most of the flights include a stopover at the beautiful Istanbul airport, and for longer stopovers there’s even a special program for a city visit with free hotel stays. Fly different, fly Turkish!
Discover more about our Turkish Airways Business Class Experience