OKU Ibiza is one of the newest resorts on the beautiful island of Ibiza in Spain. It is a place where laid-back luxury is combined with bohemian minimalism. Five star luxury, great food, the typical Ibiza vibe and a strong connection with nature: this is a place for those who want to experience the very best of the Balearic lifestyle.
Ibiza is a Spanish island in the Balearics, known for the bohemian atmosphere, the excellent cuisine, the hedonistic lifestyle and the famous nightlife. The island has become one of Europe’s top destinations over the past few decades and is easily reachable from all over the world. The natural beauty of the island is one of the main characteristics of Ibiza and many are enchanted forever after their first visit. There’s excellent food, too, often served in some of the most beautiful settings on earth. The countless beaches and the stunning coastline is reminiscent of the Caribbean and an natural attraction on its own. And then there’s the laid-back, Mediterranean atmosphere that charms everyone on the island.
OKU Ibiza embodies all these characteristics and translates them into a memorable hospitality experience. Located on the sunset side of the island, near the city of San Antonio, OKU Ibiza enjoys a tranquil setting while everything is within walking distance. Nestled among beaches and foothills, OKU Ibiza is only a short walk away from the beautiful Cala Gracio bay and beaches, and the town of San Antonio can be reached within a 30 minutes’ (and very beautiful) walk. The resort is located about a 40 minutes’ drive from the airport or a 25 minutes’ drive from Ibiza town.
OKU Hotels is a small boutique hotel chain with currently one property in Kos, Greece, and one in Ibiza, Spain. As a brand, OKU wants to create a laidback environment for their guests. Modernist, warm Mediterranean design is combined with local flair and a vibrant atmosphere. At OKU Ibiza, this is translated into a property where lots of wood is combined with concrete, a focus on wellness, amazing gastronomy and a loungy atmosphere. Natural materials are emphasised in the unique pieces of furniture made by creative craftsmen from Papua New Guinea. It’s a remarkable, stylish five star hotel for those who want the best of Ibiza’s lifestyle combined with luxury and gastronomy.
Rooms & Suites
Rooms and Suites at OKU Ibiza emphasise natural and earthy tones and materials. The design is stunning and some of the best that can be found on the island. While it is minimalistic, it remains warm and emphasis the purity and beauty of nature. All of the rooms are inspired by the island of Ibiza and boast Marshall sound systems, exquisite mattresses and linens, and wonderful rain showers.
The rooms and suites are divided over three buildings and the following categories are available:
- Superior rooms, featuring beautiful bohemian design, 24 square meters of space and a private terrace
- Deluxe rooms, with 38 square meters of space and a comfortable lounge area
- Penthouse rooms, with a spacious terrace with sunset and amazing ocean views
- Swim Up rooms, which offer a terrace with direct access to a secluded shared pool
- Junior suites, with 45 square meter of space and overlooking the main signature pool
- Deluxe Junior suites are even bigger, with 60 square meters of space
- The OKU Signature suite boasts a panoramic terrace overlooking the main swimming pool, three separate rooms and more than 138m2 of space
- The private villa is set in a tranquil corner of the hotel’s grounds and accommodates up to eight guests in four bedrooms. There is no less than 180m2 of interior space, and 175 square meter of outdoor space, including a large private pool with sun beds
OKU Ibiza features two beautiful pools and the signature main pool measures no less than 50 meters. It is the biggest resort pool on Ibiza. The spa and wellness areas are a core part the OKU Ibiza experience and definitely a must visit during your stay. There are daily yoga and pilates classes on offer, besides individual sessions. The internationally-trained spa therapists use local ingredients and the very best techniques to offer guests memorable wellness experiences. The resort also features a private beach that is located a few hundred meters away. It’s a wonderful place to watch the sun set into the ocean.
The resort’s gym is free to use and open throughout the day. It is equipped with NOHrD and other equipment and a great place to burn some calories or recharge before a day or night on the island.
However, one of the main activities at OKU is simply soaking up the vibes, sipping on a delicious cocktail and taking in the beats of the resident DJ. The ‘white isle’ at its best.
OKU Ibiza offers one of the best F&B offers in Ibiza. The internationally-acclaimed Executive Chef Mark Vaessen from SUSHISAMBA is responsible for the menu. Mark is famous for his creative and delicious Japanese fusion cuisine, combined with South-American influences.
Chef Mark created the menus for the four wonderful dining and drinking spots at the resort:
- OKU Restaurant is the resort’s flagship restaurant. Here, Executive Chef Mark Vaessen serves the best flavours from Japan, combined with other Asian and South American influences. The à la carte dinner menu showcases local produce like organic vegetables, besides fresh catches, and, of course, Asian delicacies such as Japanese Wagyu and Hamachi. For more information about this great restaurant, please visit our restaurant section.
- To Kima is OKU’s all-day dining restaurant. The day here starts with a refined breakfast and continues with a laid-back lunch menu with Spanish and Mediterranean dishes. Local produce is key here, and Mark infused several dishes with an Asian twist. There’s a small terrace overlooking the pool, and the To Kima food can also be enjoyed pool-side or in your room.
- For cocktails topped with Balearic beats, head to the main Pool bar. Located at the heart of the hotel, the main 50m pool, it’s a wonderful social spot to sample creative cocktails, local wines or a good Spanish beer.
- The main pool is also where you will find the healthy Juice bar. On offer here are some colourful fresh juices, protein smoothies and vitamin boosters. All made from fresh produce from local organic farms, as it should be!
“My philosophy in cooking is simple: cook with all your heart and soul using the best produce, and don’t make it too complicated. In the Japanese kitchen it all starts with beautiful produce, there is nothing to hide! I am also inspired by the social aspect of Mediterranean and Japanese cultures, which both share food generously with friends and family as a way to connect with each other. The dishes and dining experience at the OKU restaurant are designed to embrace this ethos”.
– Mark Vaessen
OKU Ibiza simply is one of the best hotels in Ibiza. The hotel translates the atmosphere of the island like no other, combining the beauty of nature with luxurious design. The amazing food and the wonderful wellness offer complete the experience and will definitely make you come back for more.