Palás Cerequio Barolo Cru resort is located in the heart of the Langhe (Piedmont), recognized by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site. The place to be for excellent wines made of the Nebbiolo grape: Barbaresco and Barolo are among the most famous and exclusive wines in the world. The Langhe region is known for its exquisite food, the black and white truffle and the stunning, impressive views. Close to city of Turin and Cuneo. It offers a wide range of opportunities and is easy to reach by car or plane.
In this area, you find different types of accommodations, such as romantic agriturismos, nice hotels, and luxury suite resorts like Palás Cerequio. The Palás Cerequio Barolo Cru resort is located in La Morra and is a one-hour drive from the airport of Turin. It is close to historic cities such as Alba, Barolo, Barbaresco… and is in the middle of vineyards. The ideal location for wine lovers and foodies.
Rooms And Suites
Palás Cerequio Barolo cru resort offers the choice between nine elegant suites, four are dedicated to the past and recall the architecture of the 18th-century noble houses in Piedmont, while the other five are dedicated to the future and designed with a minimal and contemporary style:
- Cerequio (past): one of the most charming rooms of the resort with a stunning view, historic elements and all modern comfort. 65 m² with a king-size bed, a balcony, a living area, in-room private wellness with steam bath and panoramic windows with a view on the vineyards.
- Cannubi (past): an elegant room with classic elements of the Piedmont past, 65 m² with a king-size bed, a living area, in-room private wellness with steam bath and a stunning view over the hills.
- Villero (past): a more intimate junior suite with beautiful characteristics, ideal for couples, 45 m², king-size bed, in-room private wellness with steam bath and a view on the garden with private chapel.
- Rocche (past): a junior suite, more traditional but in the same classy palás style, 40 m², king-size bed, shower and a view on the garden with private chapel.
- Bussia (future): bright, spacious, trendy, stylish, stunning, suitable for couples with an aesthetic taste but also for families who want extensive and homey spaces for their stay. 70 m², king-size bed, living area with comfortable sofa (convertible into 2 extra beds), in-room private wellness area with steam bath, shower and Jacuzzi, including chromo therapy projections on the walls and 2 panoramic “Full-View” windows, one in the bedroom and one in the living room.
- Vigna Rionda (future): an open space suitable for couples and families who love basic design and modern comfort, 55 m², king-size bed. Living room with comfortable sofa (convertible into 2 extra beds), in-room 10 m² private wellness area with steam bath, shower and jacuzzi, including chromo therapy projections on the walls and a panoramic “Full-View” window in the living room. This room is connected to ‘Bussia’ for larger families.
- Arborina, Brunate, Ginestra (future): three bright modern suites, ideal for friends/family. A duplex room with 60 m² on two flours, 2 panoramic windows and a balcony, living area with mini bar, sofa (convertible into 2 extra beds) and a small kitchenette, in-room private wellness area with steam bath, rain shower (6 meters) and jacuzzi, including chromo therapy projections on the walls.
Hotel Assets And Experiences
Palás Cerequio resort features a very beautiful outdoor pool immersed among the vine rows of Cerequio, overlooking one of the most enchanting landscapes of the Langhe… A spacious relaxation area, recently renovated and widened, surrounds the pool. It the perfect place to enjoy your apericru, without taking your eyes off the view. Focusing on the experience of great wines, the apericru will give you the thrill of tasting the most important denominations of Piedmont: Barolo and Barbaresco wines selected from our collection, with particular attention to the producers who have written their story. Together with the in-room private wellness is this the perfect place to relax and enjoy the good things in life.
The resort offers a wide range of extra services such as the rental of an E-bike and Vespa, Tesla charger, shuttle service, truffle hunting and in-room massage.
Palás Cerequio is a great place for foodies and wine lovers. The perfect combination of a great wine cellar (the Caveau) and the restaurant ‘Da Francesco al Palás’.
- Da Francesco : The best products of the Langhe combined with new ingredients to create highly balanced dishes, which keeps a strong traditional identity while showing a glimpse of innovation. This is the art of Francesco Oberto, a Michelin-starred chef with strong Piedmontese roots. The great wine list makes this restaurant a real culinary pleasure. You can also experience a wine tasting, combined with a lovely dinner.
- Bistro Gourmet: Restaurant service for lunch and dinner is also open to external guests of Palás Cerequio. A moment dedicated to savouring exclusive cuisine, personally prepared by Francesco Oberto and his team. At dinner, a cheese trolley is always available with exclusive selections of local products.
- Apericru: Focusing on the experience of great wines, the apericru will give you the thrill of tasting the most important denominations of Piedmont: Barolo and Barbaresco.
- Wine tastings in the Caveau : Inside the 18th-century cellars of Palás Cerequio, the Caveau of Barolo lays in silence. Here is where the history of Michele Chiarlo winery resides: over half a century of Barolo vintages, from 1958 until present. They are meticulously preserved, creating a unique collection of over 6,000 bottles of various sizes. Palás Cerequio’s vast wine collection offers a unique experience for true wine lovers: horizontal and vertical tastings, led by the talented sommelier, of old vintages selected among the greatest expressions of the most prestigious crus of the Barolo denomination. The private tastings, always available upon reservation, offers an impressive selection of over 400 labels from the cellars of Michele Chiarlo and the nine main Barolo Menzioni Geografiche Aggiuntive (MGA). The very ones that give their names to the suites: Brunate, Bussia, Cannubi, Cerequio, Ginestra, Arborina, Rocche di Castiglione, Vigna Rionda and Villero. Michele Chiarlo winery : part of the Palás Cerequio resort. It is also possible to arrange a visit and tasting at the winery, which is 50 minutes from the resort by car.
Palás Cerequio Barolo Cru Resort is the perfect place for those who want to visit the historic cities, enjoy nature, dine in great restaurants and visit the beautiful wineries of Piedmont. Here you can find a luxurious, charming and relaxing accommodation. It is a perfect location to discover the rest of Piedmont, as it is easy to reach by car and plane. In addition, most importantly, with the amazing in-room wellness, the great culinary offer, the beautiful views, luxurious rooms and the impressive wine cellar: Palás Cerequio Barolo Cru Resort has all the assets for the perfect holiday.
Written by Bram