Rosewood Phnom Penh is the most luxurious modern hotel in Cambodia’s exciting capital Phnom Penh. The property’s 175 rooms, including 37 suites, combine traditional refinement with sophistication, and each room offers unrivalled views of the city. Six restaurants and bars cater for the discerning guest, and Sense, A Rosewood Spa, as well as the prestigious indoor pool, are great places to unwind from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Location & Hotel
Phnom Penh is the vibrant capital of Cambodia and lies at the confluence of the Mekong and Tonle Sap rivers. The city is known for its rich history and dynamic culture and offers a blend of old world charm and modern development. It is home to numerous historical landmarks, including the Royal Palace and National Museum. The haunting Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum and the Killing Fields are reminders of Cambodia’s tragic past during the Khmer Rouge regime. Phnom Penh also offers a lively street food scene, bustling markets and a vibrant nightlife. As the economic and cultural centre of Cambodia, the city is constantly evolving, attracting both tourists and expatriates while preserving its unique Cambodian identity and historical heritage.
Rosewood Phnom Penh offers an ultra-luxurious experience in the heart of the Cambodian capital. The hotel’s central location in the heart of the city allows guests easy access to nearby attractions such as the Royal Palace, Wat Phnom and the Central Market. Rosewood Phnom Penh rises 188 metres above the heart of the city and occupies the top 14 floors of the city’s most famous modern structure and symbol of the new Cambodia, the Vattanac Capital Tower. From all public areas and rooms guests enjoy unobstructed views of the city, the confluence of the Mekong and Tonle Sap rivers and the nearby historical landmarks.
The design of Rosewood Phnom Penh offers a harmonious blend of modern sophistication and Khmer architectural influences. It pays homage to Cambodia’s rich cultural heritage and blends seamlessly with modern elements. Characterizing all Rosewood properties, the used materials are of supreme quality.
The exterior of the building, with its sleek glass façade and striking curves, forms a striking contrast to its historical surroundings. The interior exudes a warm and welcoming ambience, with plenty of polished wood, luxurious fabrics and ornate Khmer artwork adorning the public areas. The hotel boasts an impressive collection of art and antiques, offering guests the opportunity to immerse themselves in Cambodian culture.
Rooms & Suites
From plush furnishings to intuitive technology, every element of Rosewood Phnom Penh accommodation has been carefully considered to create comfortable living spaces that are equally suited to business and leisure stays. Each room and suite is carefully offers a blend of comfort, luxury and a sense of place. The following room types are available:
- Executive Room (50 m²): Thoughtfully designed accommodation in Phnom Penh with city views.
- Premier River Room (50 m²): Breathtaking views of the city’s fabled rivers, paired with convenient perks including unlimited evening drinks.
- Grand Premier Room: Stunning, spacious rooms (62 m²), coupled with complimentary benefits including unlimited evening drinks and two pieces of ironing per day.
- Mekong Suite: Elegant one-bedroom residential-style suites (65 m²) with views of the Mekong River, as well as a complimentary four-hour city tour, evening drinks and late check-out.
- Manor Suite: Spacious, light-filled one-bedroom suite with an elegant foyer and spacious living room (82 m²), offering a complimentary four-hour city tour, evening drinks and late check-out.
- Rosewood Suites: Contemporary one-bedroom suite with stunning views of the Mekong River (95 m²), late check-out until 6pm, four pressings per day and unlimited evening drinks.
- Monivong House: Sumptuous one-bedroom suite with a well-appointed living room and private study (160 m²)
- Norodom House: Ultimate urban retreat with bespoke furnishings and refined sensibilities, featuring a spacious dining room and dressing room (225 m²)
- Grand Executive Family Room: Tastefully decorated two-bedroom family room with lots of space (112 m²), panoramic city views and complimentary services including twice daily ironing.
- Mekong Family Suite with two bedrooms: Plenty of space (115 m²) and stunning river views, more privacy and exclusive services for the whole family.
- Rosewood Two Bedroom Family Residence: An elegant home away from home, with majestic river views, a spacious floor plan (145 m²) and lifestyle benefits such as late check-out until 6 pm.
- Monivong family home with two bedrooms: The 210 m² ultimate family retreat offers two tranquil bedrooms, a cosy study, a private dining area and stunning river views.
We stayed in a Grand Premier Room and were delighted by the warm, elegant and timeless design, the high-end in-room technology, the many interior details such as books and tableware, and the stunning views of Phnom Penh. The marble bathroom with walk-in shower and bathtub also offered a marvellous view that made taking a bath a special experience. The room offered some great benefits such as complimentary drinks from 17:30 to 19:00 in the Living Room and pick-up services within 2 kilometres of the hotel.
Rosewood Phnom Penh offers a wide range of dining and drinking options around the clock, and is considered as one of Phnom Penh’s leading and most prestigious dining destinations:
- Brasserie Louis is located on level 35 and offers a rich continental breakfast, lunch and dinner with French comfort food and regional Cambodian specialities. The menus are derived from a daily market list and focus on the best available ingredients from local suppliers.
- Living Room is the ideal place for a leisurely breakfast or a light snack; a place where you can get a pastry, yoghurt and coffee in the morning or afternoon tea and patisserie in the afternoon and evening. The delicious pastries can be bought in the premium boutique as well.
- Located on level 37, Iza is an izakaya-style restaurant where you can have lunch and dinner. The main features are the noodle corner, the sushi station and the robata yaki grill – an open kitchen surrounded by counter seating. The menu includes yakitori, tempura, ramen and udon, complemented by 42 types of sake and shochu and numerous beers on tap.
- Cuts is Rosewood’s awarded sophisticated grill restaurant, located on level 38. The energetic steak and seafood restaurant is the highest restaurant in the hotel and offers panoramic views for lunch and dinner. The restaurant is divided into four areas with different elements: the Wine Vault tasting area, Casual Dining, the Grill Room and the Dining Suites (private dining rooms).
- Sora: Located on level 37 on a cantilevered terrace, Sora, which means “heaven” in Japanese and “spirits” in Khmer, is a bar and lounge with indoor and outdoor seating. The indoor bar and whisky library are located at the heart of Sora. Choose from a wide selection of wines, spirits and beers, or from the creative handcrafted cocktails, while Japanese snacks are served. Enjoying a cocktail on the outdoor terrace overlooking the city during sunset, is a magical experience.
- Zhan Liang offers an authentic Chinese dining experience in a stylish decor. The menu features contemporary adaptations of authentic dishes, with a focus on Cantonese, Sichuan and Northern Chinese cuisine. Unique to Zhan Liang is the stunning tea library, which houses a curated, exquisite selection of 60 premium teas from around the world. The restaurant’s private dining rooms offer spaces to socialise, celebrate and entertain — complete with state-of-the-art karaoke facilities.
- The sophisticated whisky library and cigar lounge house the country’s largest selection of single malt whiskies, including some real rarities, and up to 24 varieties of fine cigars on offer. The cosy club room with leather armchairs and dark wood is complemented by an intimate tasting counter overlooking a large panoramic window with the city skyline.
Rosewood Phnom Penh’s key assets include its prime location, stunning rooms and impressive dining options, but there’s more:
- Sense, A Rosewood Spa offers a range of treatments inspired by traditional healing herbs and techniques to regenerate and revitalise body and mind. Signature treatments revitalise the Cambodian “Lost Remedies” – the ancient Khmer practises for health and beauty – with carefully selected natural ingredients and techniques. Guests can also pamper their hands and feet with revolutionary therapies at Pedi:Mani:Cure Studios.
- A full range of state-of-the-art fitness equipment is available 24 hours a day so guests can maintain their fitness regime while away from home. Bathed in natural light, the fitness centre offers magnificent views of the Phnom Penh skyline. Personal trainers are also available.
- The sublime 22-metre indoor pool with lots of natural sunlight is the perfect place for a refreshing dip in the morning or after a busy day in the city. The separate dressing areas for men and women offer a Jacuzzi and sauna and/or hammam as well.
- For meetings, events and business affairs, Rosewood Phnom Penh offers 1,000 square metres of distinctive residential-style spaces that add both grace and prestige to the occasion.
The Rosewood Phnom Penh is the obvious choice for travellers looking for an ultra-luxurious, modern and sophisticated hotel in Phnom Penh. Located in the heart of Cambodia’s vibrant capital, this five-star property is a masterpiece of contemporary architecture and timeless, elegant and warm design. The spacious, lavish rooms and suites offer stunning views of the city, and there’s an impressively diverse range of dining and drinking options, a city spa and a beautiful indoor pool.