Hotel Dollenberg is one of the most luxurious properties and a true landmark in the beautiful Black Forest in Germany. The property is perched on a hill above Bad Peterstal-Griesbach and surrounded by the wonderful nature of the Black Forest. Here, the Schmiederer & Herrmann Families created a wonderful hospitality experience with nature and gastronomy at its core.
The Black Forest, or Schwarzwald in German, is a large forested mountain area in the state of Baden-Württemberg in southwest Germany. It is famous for its excellent hospitality offer, spa & wellness, nature activities and gastronomy. The drive up to Dollenberg sets the tone for the experience, but it is only when guests arrive at the top of the Dollenberg hill that they can truly discover the beauty of its stunning location.
The Resort: A family affair
Hotel Dollenberg is the life’s work of owner Meinrad Schmiederer. Once a poor boy, Meinrad always dreamt of opening a unique hotel in the beautiful region he calls home – The Black Forest. Meinrad Schmiederer gained experience as a cook first and completed an apprenticeship in hotel management at the legendary “Bühler Höhe”. At 21 years of age, he took over the small boarding house with a snack bar from his parents. Slowly but certainly, he transformed the boarding house into a five star superior hotel. Gastronomy still is important, and his brother-in-law now manages the two Michelin star restaurant Le Pavillon located inside the hotel. The property still is family owned and managed, too, and today, The Schmiederer & Herrmann Families both are in charge. Three generations of passion are responsible for a warm haven of hospitality in the middle of one of Europe’s most beautiful areas.
Rooms & Suites
At Dollenberg, guests can choose between 100 luxurious rooms, junior suites, suites and deluxe suites. The interior decoration is traditional German, luxurious and warm. Fabrics and wood set a warm atmosphere and bring cosiness and warmth on the cold winter nights. The following room types are available:
- Double rooms, with 28sqm of space
- Junior suites, with 36sqm up to 50sqm of space
- Suites, which measure from 50sqm up to 55sqm
- Deluxe suites, which offer even more space, from 80 up to 130sqm, and boast wonderful views on the surroundings
All rooms and suites are equipped with a shower and/or bath, LED-televisions, balconies, luxury bathrooms and more. Some of the suites have roof terraces, a Jacuzzi or even a sauna. There are several differences between the rooms within one room type, so it is a good idea to check the hotel’s room types on their website or ask the team for help during your booking process.
One of the biggest assets of Dollenberg Hotel is the Dollina spa. Acclaimed as one of Germany’s top three spas, Dollina features 5,000 square metres of spa and wellness possibilities. The healing waters come from the mineral and medicinal source at Bad Peterstal-Griesbach. These waters fill no less than five pools and one mountain lake, indoor as well as outdoor. The sauna area features several saunas and steam rooms, showers, and indoor and outdoor relaxation zones. The spa has several luxurious wellness suites for the treatments. Experienced therapists carry out these treatments, ranging from great and relaxing massages to Ayurveda, beauty or hot stone treatments. There is a big fitness center, too, and yoga and personal training possibilities.
Of course, outdoor activaties are important as well. The hotel boasts a private 70,000-m² hotel park, a great spot for early morning and late evening walks. From the hotel, numerous of amazing walking trails are available in each season. On the Dollenberg activity programme there are guided walks, besides e-bike tours, vineyard excursions, snowshoeing hikes, Segway tours, and much more.
Dollenberg is a great destination in all seasons and the hotel hosts several theme weeks during the year. There are winter weeks for gourmands, country themed weeks, hiking weeks, Easter weeks, Champagne weeks, Mercedes weeks, and many more. There is also culture on offer, with concert evenings in the hotel’s own outdoor amphitheatre every Sunday from April to October.
Gastronomy is very important at Dollenberg. From traditional or casual dining experiences in the open air to two Michelin star dining at restaurant “Le Pavillon”, Dollenberg offers something for everyone.
- Restaurant Kaminstube is the hotel’s main restaurant and offers first-class regional cuisine. The multi-course half board dinner is of great quality and offers local specialties with international touches.
- Restaurant Bauernstube is the traditional Stube restaurant of the hotel
- Two Michelin star Le Pavillon: the gastronomic flagship and luxurious French restaurant, where the culinary creations from Chef Martin Herrmann are paired with great wines and beautiful views.
- The Rench Valley Cabin: pure Black Forest romance in a breath-taking setting. At the Rench Valley, located a few kilometres (within walking distance) from the hotel, Black Forest and Alsatian specialities are topped with fantastic views of the forest and the valley.
- From May to October the “Wishing Table experience” is on offer, an outdoor gourmet experience in spectacular surroundings. Guests hike along the Teufelskanzel and the Westweg trail to a breath-taking lookout point, where a meal is served in the open air.
- The wine cellar, managed by head sommelier Christophe Meyer, is spectacular and focuses on French, German and Austrian wines. Wine cellar tours and wine tastings are available.
- The hotel bar is the hotel’s social hub and offers live music on the weekend nights
With Dollenberg, Meinrad Schmiederer and his family created a wonderful five star superior hotel where gastronomy, spa & wellness and nature activities are blended into an unforgettable hospitality experience. A relaxed getaway in the middle of the German Black Forest, seasoned with stunning views.