Rosewood Phuket offers some of the best and most luxurious accommodations on the island of Phuket in Thailand. The resort’s setting, bordering Emerald Bay in south-western Phuket, amidst lush greenery, is one of its biggest assets. Add to that the ultra-luxurious pavilions and villas, fantastic design, unique gastronomic outlets and beautiful resort grounds, and you know this will be one of the highlights of your trip to Thailand.
Location & Hotel
Phuket is one of the most famous holiday destinations in Asia. The Thai island offers something for everyone’s taste, from wonderful beaches to famous nightlife. On top of that, the island’s accommodation offer is one of the best in the world. From cheap backpackers hostels to some of the world’s most exclusive resorts: Phuket has it all.
At the South-East Side of Phuket Island, Rosewood Phuket occupies a premium and fantastic location. The famous, vibrant area of Patong is only five kilometres away, but from the moment of arrival, guests are immersed in a natural, breath-taking and very peaceful setting. Rosewood Phuket is nestled along 600 meters of one of the last remaining secluded beaches on the island: Emerald Bay. Panoramic ocean views are contrasted by jungle forests and the unique landscape definitely is one of the main assets of this resort. Rosewood Phuket opened its doors in November 2017, making it the first Southeast Asia resort of the famous and ultra-luxurious Rosewood Hotels & Resorts® hotel brand.
The design of the resort was realised by BAR Studio and Bangkok landscape architects PLA. Several eco-systems – like the gardens and the ocean shore – are at the core of the design and connected with meandering walkways through tropical foliage. The gardens that connect the buildings and lead to the ocean are a true pleasure to explore. To enhance the natural feeling, local teak was extensively used in structural elements like walls and floors. The brown tones of the teak are accentuated by beige marble structures, dark solid wood and lush greenery. One of the best examples of the stunning architecture is the entrance and the lobby, which immediately set the tone for the highly luxurious, close to nature experience that is about to come.
Rosewood Phuket features 71 pool pavilions and villas, designed to evoke the feeling of a residential beach home. Each of them features a private entry like a bridge, gate or courtyard, which enhances the homely feeling and created a connection between the out- and indoors. All of the pavilions and villas are seamlessly integrated into the lush surroundings and they all boast a private swimming pool.
The design inside the pavilions and villas is above all warm and luxurious. Light colours are mixed with subtle Thai, modern and colonial influences, resulting in a timeless atmosphere. Floor to ceiling windows connect the indoor areas with the outdoor terraces and the swimming pool. Rosewood Phuket offers eight different room types:
- Garden Pool Pavilions are integrated into their lush surroundings and feature a private plunge pool with daybed, a walk-in rain shower and a deep soaking tub. 130 M²
- Partial Ocean View Pool Pavilions feature floor-to-ceiling windows, a private plunge pool and an outdoor bath tub. 130 M²
- Lagoon Pool Pavilions boast wonderful views on the Andaman Sea, a stylish design and a private plunge pool. 146 M²
- The two-bedroom Pavilions feature indoor and outdoor living spaces, a private pool with large terrace and two bedrooms. 253 M²
- Partial Ocean View Pool Villas are true tropical luxury getaways, which include plenty of space, a private plunge pool and a big terrace. 211 M²
- Beachfront Pool Villas are located steps away from the crystal clear waters of Emerald Bay and measure a generous 326 square meters.
- The Beach House offers plenty of space, stunning Emerald Bay views, a private pool, garden terraces and courtyards. 796 M²
- The Ocean House even has its own stretch of beach at Emerald Bay, combined with a private pool, terraces and gardens. 796 M²
We stayed at one of the Partial Ocean View Pool Villas and were impressed by the warm, timeless design and the luxurious interior. Soothing colour tones and lots of natural light create a setting that is warm and very relaxing. The sea-facing private pool with spacious sun terrace is a wonderful spot for lazy afternoons under the Thai sun. Bathrooms boast an exterior courtyard with deep soaking bathtub and rain shower. It’s a place you don’t want to leave.
Rosewood Phuket offers a wide range of assets, and the mesmerising setting definitely is one of them. Indeed, a walk through the premises probably is the best way to start your Rosewood experience. But there’s more:
- The Asaya Spa is designed to provide an opportunity to discover your own path to wellness. Upon arrival, experts will help you to choose organic, home-grown herbs and ingredients to be used in tailored treatments. The treatments are carried out in one of the six suites, which includes one signature wellness suite for small groups. The menu of alternative therapies includes Watsu Therapy, Reiki Healing, Chi Nei Tsang, Life Force Healing Therapy and Sound Therapy.
- The state-of-the-art fitness centre combines a wonderful design with an array of cardiovascular, strengthening and weight training equipment. There is a separate movement studio as well.
- The organic free-form pool is an amazing jungle- and beachside oasis. There are several sun decks, swimming areas, a designated lap pool and a children’s pool.
- Do make sure to spend some time at the beautiful Emerald Bay beach as well. It’s considered as one of the most beautiful beaches at this side of Phuket island. Rosewood Phuket offers complimentary water sports and games on the beach.
- Kids will definitely fall in love with The Rosewood Explorers club. Here, a variety of exciting facilities and a program of activities will make sure your kids won’t want to leave.
- But kids are not the only ones that will love Rosewood Phuket – your best furry friend will fall in love with the property as well. As a dog-friendly hotel, the resort even created special amenities, menus and services.
Rosewood Phuket opts for quality over quantity and that is also reflected in the restaurant offer. Authentic dining experiences take centre stage and focus on a particular cuisine, immersing guests in the flavours of that region. Sustainability and commitment to nature are important for the Rosewood brand. At Rosewood Phuket, this is translated into the “Rosewood’s Partners in Provenance” program. The resort partners with local farms which provide fresh and honest seasonal produce, from white pig from the Sampran Farm to Sanrice and Saku palm flour from Patthalung.
- Ta Khai is the resort’s most unique restaurant. This stand-alone Thai seafood restaurant allows guests to experience a glimpse of traditional Phuket island life. The setting is created to remind of a small rustic fisherman’s village and consists out of several houses and pavilions created from repurposed timber and other materials. Delicious, authentic dishes are based on the freshest seafood, caught daily by local fishermen. The restaurant is included in the Michelin guide since 2019. Among the must-tries are the Fresh Phuket spring rolls filled with prawns, jicama, bean sprouts, chili, and tamarin dip; the Steamed seabass fillet with lime, garlic & chili; or the Fiddlehead ferns salad with shrimps, minced pork, crispy shallot, chili & lime dressing. Uncle Nun and Aunt Yai are responsible in the kitchen. The married chef couple has over 30 years of experience in Thai cooking and especially in the old southern Thai recipes. At Ta Khai, they demonstrate their skills and love for the aromatic Thai (seafood) cuisine in a truly unique setting near the Andaman sea.
- Red Sauce is Rosewood Phuket’ main restaurants, where the delicious buffet & à la carte breakfast is served. During lunch and dinner, it transformed into an Italian restaurant. An indoor area is completed by an open-sided terrace which overlooks the swimming pool and Emerald Bay. The large open kitchen invites guests to mingle with the chefs team. The Italian-born executive chef uses imported prime cuts and locally sourced and naturally grown ingredients. On the menu are delicious Italian specialties such as Panzanella Salad with Seared Tuna; Straciatella Pizza; Sea Bass Crudo Bistecca Fiorentina or Roasted Free Range Half-Chicken. During the afternoons, a delicious Afternoon Tea can be enjoyed here as well. It includes a selection of savoury delights, followed by high-quality pastries, and concluded by an all-you-can-eat chocolate tray.
- The Shack serves the best flavours from the ocean in a laid-back poolside setting. There’s an open kitchen with a hot stone oven and charcoal grill, which do not only provide for an extra layer of flavour, but insert an extra dose of atmosphere, too. Make sure to try the grilled seafood platter, the BBQ pork ribs and the crab cakes with mango salsa.
- Mai is the poolside lounge of Rosewood Phuket. It serves as a day time pool relaxation bar and restaurant, as well as an atmospheric bar in the evening. Mixologist Tas won the “La Maison Cointreau Thailand competition” in 2019 and serves some truly excellent cocktails here. Small European, Thai and Italian dishes are available at Mai as well.
Rosewood Phuket lives up to the high standard of the famous Rosewood brand. It combines ultra-luxurious private pool pavilions and villas with one of the best locations on Phuket island. Bordering the tropical Emerald Bay, the resort offers a setting which combines Thailand’s best natural wonders: the ocean and the jungle. The resort premises are magical and the natural inspired design truly stunning. The F&B outlets and the service are world-class as well, so we actually cannot think of any reason not to visit this wonderful property.
TRAVEL IN STYLE, WITH ETIHAD AIRWAYS
Flying to South-East Asia? Choose well and travel in style with Etihad. We flew from Brussels to Phuket with a stopover in Abu Dhabi, and from Bangkok to Brussels with the same stop in Abu Dhabi. Fares start as low as € 650 for a round trip from Brussels to Malé in Economy Class or € 1.700 in Business class.
We flew in Etihad Airway’s Business Class Studio’s. These studio’s are considered as one of the best Business Class seats in the world, offering plenty of space, a wonderful F&B offer and a state-of-the-art inflight entertainment system. Safety is a standard for Etihad Airways, and in 2021, they became the first airline in the world with 100% of crew on board vaccinated. Safety, luxury and comfort are what defines the Etihad flight experience today.
Discover more about the Etihad Business Class Experience
Do you know that when you fly with Etihad, you can explore six continents? Discover the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and North America. Indeed, their network offers access to hundreds of international destinations with just one booking!
Choose well and travel in style with Etihad.
Our videos about this hotel
88/28, 88/30-30 Muen-Ngern Road
Patong, Kathu, Phuket, 83150