Rosewood Abu Dhabi is a stunning and highly luxurious city hotel located in the heart of Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates. It combines faultless service with Arabic extravagance and an array of great hotel assets. The property boasts 189 extremely luxurious guest rooms and suites; seven restaurants, bars and lounges; a wonderful spa; a fitness centre; a truly unique outdoor pool and several meeting and function spaces. Abu Dhabi at its finest!
Abu Dhabi is one of the seven emirates which together form the country of United Arab Emirates. It is the largest emirate in the country and borders Saudi Arabia, Oman, Dubai and Sharjah. The capital of the emirate, and of the United Arab Emirates as well, is the city of Abu Dhabi. This city is located on an island in the Persian Gulf, about a one hour drive from Dubai. Abu Dhabi is a new and modern city and most of the buildings were constructed the past few decades. The discovery of oil in 1958 gave Abu Dhabi’s economy a huge boost. The multi-billion dollar oil revenues allowed Abu Dhabi to grow into the city it is today: modern, clean and impressive. Highlights include the beautiful Sheikh Zayed Mosque, Yas Island and Saadiyat Island, the island of the F1, vibrant nightlife, amusement parks, luxury resorts, golf courses and the Guggenheim and the Louvre museums.
In the heart of the city, on Al Maryah Island (Abu Dhabi’s new International Financial Center), the Rosewood Abu Dhabi enjoys a premium location. It is located next to The Galleria, the premier shopping destination in Abu Dhabi, and the prestigious Sowwah Square, home to luxury brands. Saadiyat Island is a 20-minute drive and Abu Dhabi International Airport is a 25-minute drive away from the resort. All other main attractions of the city can be reached within 30 minutes by car.
The Resort & resort assets
Rosewood Abu Dhabi is a true city hotel fit for one for the most modern and luxurious cities in the world. It is classy and sophisticated, elegant and technological. Visited by Arabs and foreigners, for business and leisure, the property is vibrant and cosmopolitan, too. New York’s BBG-BBGM agency was responsible for the design. They chose for an opulent and timeless layout, with lots of water features, crystals and leather. The hotel’s lobby with its brown, golden and beige colours and lots of marble is impressive and sets the tone for what is yet to come.
In terms of hotel assets, the Rosewood doesn’t disappoint – at all. From wellness to business, there’s something for everybody’s taste:
- Sense, a Rosewood Spa is the signature spa of the Rosewood group. In the middle of the bustling city that is Abu Dhabi, this spa is a sanctuary of tranquillity. The huge area includes several treatment rooms as well as wonderful wet areas (separated for men and women) with a colour therapy shower booth, a sauna, a large whirlpool and hammams. The treatments on offer are unique and the Sense signature massage comes highly recommended. It combines a therapeutic blend of massage techniques with the use of the Rosewood signature oils, infused with custom-blended Arabian botanicals.
- The fitness centre is located on the second floor of the hotel and offers state-of-the-art equipment and facilities.
- The hotel’s outdoor pool is located on the third floor and is the hotel’s eye-catcher. Five giant mushroom-like iron structures and huge palm trees surround the pool area. There’s a pool bar and restaurant as well, and the views on the city from the lounge chairs, cabanas and the pool are magnificent. The pool is heated in winter and cooled in summer, which ensures great water fun in any season.
- For shopping, head to the “The Galleria” shopping mall, probably the best and the most luxurious in Abi Dhabi, next door. If you want to surprise your loved one, there’s an in-house florist as well.
- For business, there are versatile, tastefully designed meeting and event spaces as well as several board rooms.
Rooms & Suites
The 189 rooms and suites of the Rosewood Abu Dhabi are very luxurious, extremely comfortable and sophisticated. They all feature bright and warm colours, dark-wood panelling, leather accents and floor-to-ceiling windows. Beds are super comfortable and the bathrooms feature tubs, rain showers and a sliding screen that opens into the bedroom. The in-room technology and electric curtains can be controlled via an iPad. Bathroom products are from Roberto Cavalli. No less than 11 room types are available:
- The Classic room provides 42 sq. m. of comfortable space
- Deluxe room: Sleek and stylish, with 47 sq. m. of space
- Executive rooms are even more spacious (54 sq. m.) and feature a modern open-plan design
- Classic suite: Classic Abu Dhabi Suite accommodation with access to the exclusive the Manor Club executive lounge (54 sq. m.)
- The Deluxe one-bedroom suite is generously sized, with living area, executive desk and dressing vanity (78 sq. m.)
- Deluxe two-bedrooms suite feature no less than 130 sq. m. and are ideal for the traveling family
- Executive one-bedroom suites have a stylish living room and striking panoramic views of the Arabian Sea and/or the city of Abu Dhabi (105 sq. m.)
- Executive two-bedroom suites boast 170 sq. m., two bedrooms, a living room, dining room, kitchenette and panoramic city views
- The Rosewood two-bedroom suite is an Arabesque two-bedroom retreat with tasteful furnishings and refined sensibility (254 sq. m.)
- The Royal two-bedroom suite is a two-bedroom suite with large meeting area, dining room, study and exceptional amenities, and measures an amazing 370 sq. m.
- The Rosewood features several residences as well: stylish and contemporary waterfront apartments which are perfect for extended stays in Abu Dhabi.
We stayed at a one-bedroom executive suite and were impressed by the amount of space, the high-end technology and the luxurious touches like modern artworks.
The suites and some of the other room categories offer access to the exclusive Manor Club Lounge. This sophisticated, residential styled lounge is beautifully designed and offers wonderful views on the city. The F&B on offer is excellent, with complimentary breakfast, an à la carte lunch, refreshments throughout the day, afternoon tea and evening cocktails and tapas.
Wining and Dining is a true pleasure at Rosewood Abu Dhabi. There are no less than six outlets to choose from:
- Dai Pai Doing is an authentic Cantonese restaurant where diners can savour Chinese specialties including roasted duck, homemade noodles, dim sum and barbecued meats. The design and atmosphere are Chinese-inspired and addictive – just like the food. Chef Dong is responsible in the kitchen and has a culinary career of more than 16 years. He specializes in Cantonese, Sichuan and Jiangsu cuisine. At Dai Pai Dong, he successfully adapts the traditional Chinese cuisine to his international audience. Several interesting formulas are on offer as well, such as an all you can eat ‘street style’ BBQ and all you can eat dim sum lunches. The Cantonese roasted duck, crispy pork belly cubes and the dim sum are must-tries.
- Glo is the hotel’s pool bar, cocktail bar and evening open-air/indoor restaurant. It’s a wonderful place to sip on cocktails during sunset and roll into dinner afterwards. Several interesting formulas are available on different days of the week as well. There’s an excellent Friday brunch featuring live food stations, and the daily “Wood & Fire” formula focuses on dinner preparations coming from the firewood grill. The Jimbaran-style squid is delicious, as are the spicy prawns and, of course, the grilled meat. The completely revamped indoor space reflects the theme of fire, wood and grilling.
- For wine lovers, La Cava is the place to be. Inspired by the rich history of wine-making, La Cava is an intimate and exclusive wine cellar featuring private a dining area. Several wine cabinets house over 1,000 premium labels and there’s a walk-in cigar room with whiskey selection as well. The Wine & Cheese night features a wine buffet concept, with 15 open wines paired with delicious cheeses and cold cuts served to your table. A wonderful experience.
- At the Lobby Lounge, an all-day dining menu and an afternoon tea are available.
- The Hidden Bar boasts a collection of over 200 gins and a variation of tonics, as well as an impressive selection of home-made gin infusions.
- For signature cocktails, the atmospheric speakeasy bar Dragon’s Tooth can’t be skipped. This amazing bar is inspired by the 1920’s Shanghai Jazz revolution and can be discovered on a secret location inside the hotel’s restaurant Dai Pai Dong. Make sure to sample the Ning Meng Whiskey Sour or the Shao Xing Hulu.
If you’re looking for one of the best city hotels in Abu Dhabi, which combines a luxurious design with an impressive array of F&B outlets and hotel assets, excellent service, and a great price/quality ratio, Rosewood Abu Dhabi is the perfect choice.
TRAVEL TO ABU DHABI IN STYLE, WITH ETIHAD AIRWAYS
Flying to Abu Dhabi? Etihad Airways is without doubt the best choice for a direct flight to this metropolis. Abu Dhabi is actually the home of the company and Etihad Airlines flies direct from dozens of destinations around the world to Abu Dhabi.
We flew from Brussels to Abu Dhabi in Etihad Airway’s Business Class Studio’s. These studio’s are considered as one of the best Business Class seats in the world, offering plenty of space, a wonderful F&B offer and a state-of-the-art inflight entertainment system. Safety is a standard for Etihad Airways, and in 2021, they became the first airline in the world with 100% of crew on board vaccinated. Safety, luxury and comfort are what defines the Etihad flight experience today.
Discover more about the Etihad Business Class Experience
Do you that when you fly with Etihad, you can explore six continents? Discover the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and North America. Indeed, their network offers access to hundreds of international destinations in just one booking!
Choose well and travel in style with Etihad.
Rosewood Abu Dhabi
Al Maryah Island, P.O. Box 41184
United Arab Emirates